Bimini for 18' Seaway sportsman

Christo25

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Seaway 18
I'm looking for a new sturdy bimini top that will be installed "backward" so that it would stow just forward of rod holders on the console. Where is my best place to purchase a sturdy quality ss Bimini? are there any special considerations when installed to fold forward? How to size for the height properly? thanks in advance. There is sometimes a dodger on this same skiff. Thanks in advance for guidance.

ozodrac

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
2010 Seaway 18 Sportsman
A marine canvas shop that builds Bimini tops will be able to help you.
I would suggest using a stainless steel frame with Sunbrella canvas.
You might be able find the Bimini top you want on line and do the installation yourself.
It is not difficult to install.

Christo25

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Seaway 18
Thanks ozark. Yes I will def install myself. Mostly worried about sizing with the reverse orientation and the higher freeboard forward. I have another question for you. Do you know if the seaway 18’s built in the few years just prior to eastern acquiring the molds were all composite (2006-2008)?

Boat Make
2006 Seaway Sportsman
I installed a Bimini on my Seaway Sportsman last year. I purchased it from National Bimini Tops on the internet. I have my dodger on constantly. When I want the Bimini to go forward, I simply unhook the rear straps and put it on to the dodger. It lies still without bouncing or causing any visible wear or damage. I bought the 54” high model (I’m 6’2”, my son is about 6’4”) and it fits us and the boat perfectly. I installed it with the assistance of my wife in about an hour. Very easy, neat and secure fit.

Boat Make
2006 Seaway Sportsman
Yes, 6’ long, 54” high. I don’t recall the width, but I do recall measuring to the center of the gunwale, and calling National to discuss the purchase. They are very knowledgeable and friendly. The size they suggested fits perfectly.
As an aside, when I researched my boat before purchase, I determined that Sportsman are all composite construction from 2006 up.

Top Bottom