blues and stripers close to padanaram harbor?

downeastkeith

Ensign
Does anyone know some good spots for blues and stripers close to padanaram harbor? i usually cruise around round hill and mishaum point with no luck. Ive usually use bucktails with pork grinds or chunks of pogies. i need help!!! i just bought a eastern 18 and am kinda getting fed up.

Downeaster

Lieutenant Commander
Many years ago I fished stripers commercially. Like most of the New England small boat fisheries, there wasn't much by way of communication or contact between others in the fishery. One guy who I often ran into as we followed the fish suddenly disappeared one season and I lost track of him. After he died I heard that he had found fish in the Padanaram area and that he fished the place all season for years. I'd guess that much of his fishing was at night. I can't give you anymore because I don't have anything more but Dick, like me, used the surgical tube a lot. He wouldn't pound an area, to the exclusion of all others, unless he could consistently hammer the fish so I'm certain that the fish are there - stick with it, fish live eels and/or troll surface swimming plugs on wire line until you find them. Study the area using Google Earth.

Top Bottom