Boat Painter Needed

CaptV

Lieutenant
Hello,

I'm looking to get my 35' five islands hull and topside repainted this winter. Boat is located on cape cod. Can anyone recommend a painter in the area? Leaning toward ppg paints as the boat is a charter boat and does get some abuse from customers

FlyingConnie

Lieutenant Commander
Website
WWW.FlyingConnie.com
Boat Make
28' Crowley Beal
Hello,

I'm looking to get my 35' five islands hull and topside repainted this winter. Boat is located on cape cod. Can anyone recommend a painter in the area? Leaning toward ppg paints as the boat is a charter boat and does get some abuse from customers
Go see Joe at Atlantic service, Jamaica Bay queens, it was a 110nm trip each way for me and worth it

Ruggles122464

Ensign
First Name
John
I hear the paint shop at Onset Bay Marina is top notch

Last edited:

Pequod

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Shamrock 246 Open
Metan Marine 781-293-2755
MacDougalls Cape Cod Marine 508-548-3146

Ruggles122464

Ensign
First Name
John
I dont want to use who dennis used. Guy isnt too reliable

I have a call into him with a quote pending. He can recommended from a few people as well
I believe Onset Bay repaired Predatuna, they just quoted me $305ft with a haul included if I'm a little flexible with times

southshore30

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
36 Northern Bay

Jonathon

Lieutenant
I believe Onset Bay repaired Predatuna, they just quoted me $305ft with a haul included if I'm a little flexible with times
Is the quote for $305 per ft - for the hull sides and the transom only ? Just prep and paint / polish - taking care of any small imperfections?
Can I assume glass work on cracks in the old gel coat or crazing in the fiberglass - stress cracks in the old gel would be additional $?
And super structure -,house ,decks ,etc —anything above the gun wale- is not included in that $305 / per ft?
I have not had paint work done on a boat but will be doing that soon . I am curious as to the pricing
$300 seems to be the average price per ft give or take.... - I just am not sure what is included in that price...
Can you please clarify what is included and what is extra
Thank you

Ruggles122464

Ensign
First Name
John
$305 ft is for std color Awlgrip w/boot stripe hull & transom waterline up to deck only, minor scratches and chips included. Any composite repairs or crazing and cracks in old gel coat would need to be inspected for price adjustment. Decks, side decks, cockpit and superstructure need to be quoted upon inspection. Give Bryan a call, great guy.

Jonathon

Lieutenant
$305 ft is for std color Awlgrip w/boot stripe hull & transom waterline up to deck only, minor scratches and chips included. Any composite repairs or crazing and cracks in old gel coat would need to be inspected for price adjustment. Decks, side decks, cockpit and superstructure need to be quoted upon inspection. Give Bryan a call, great guy.
Thanks for the clarification. That seems like a great price - it’s a hell of a lot of work as far as prep alone and then all the way to polish.

southshore30

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
36 Northern Bay
Top Bottom