boat question

offshore31

Captain
flybridges are nice. great visibility and quiet. single level living is different. me, i prefer the ride of a downeaster to that of my old flybridge. its noisier, but i'll take that any day over riding a bucking bronco trying to throw me, or the pounding of my first boat.

only way to tell, charter the boat for a day. take the kids and see if it will fit your needs. buy it or not, thats a nice way to spend a day

good luck

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Detroits are VERY LOUD, but I've got two 671 TIs w/ 2 inch Soundown under the deck of a DMR and it works wonders; if you had some thick carpet too in combination, that might make it tolerable in a 42 Bruno hull. If it has an engine box, it's going to be more complicated.

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
In addition to Soundown which works wonders a great way to quiet your wheel house down is a headliner & some quality carpet in the wheelhouse that comes up easily for cleaning. With those two items in place the left over sound escaping the engine room is absorbed into too soft surfaces which makes a world of difference. Soundown makes both headliners and a carpet un-lay just for that purpose.

http://www.soundown.com/index_Marine.htm

Last edited:

manni-yunk

Commander
This has been the most frustrating attempt to buy a boat in history. Broker is reluctant/unable to get me an appointment to see the boat. Always an excuse. Now the ad is gone, but the broker is still allegendly working on getting in touch with the owner to get me to see it. Unreal.

Anyone know of a way to get in touch with the owner directly? This is nuts. If/when I am selling a boat - I want to know about this kind of thing.

Top Bottom