Boat Shops

jnoon

Lieutenant Commander
I am looking for a Boat Shop to do a re-power, and a bunch of miscellaneous work on a 31 BHM that I just purchased. The boat is in CT, and I am on Long Island. There is no engine in the boat so running it isn't an option. I have a boat hauler lined up for the end of next week, which was a little tough this time of year. He is willing to take the boat to ME, or wherever, as long as he has at least a days notice on destination. I also can't keep the boat at it's current location much longer so I had to jump on the opening.

I have spoken to a couple of builders with open slots, but haven't gotten any definitive answer or estimates yet, which is not their fault, I am just pressed for time due to the combination of circumstances.

I figure I should throw this out here, In case something doesn't work out with a builder I have spoken to. Does anyone knows of a good shop (btwn Long Island and ME)with an opening that can do the work? Budget will be a limiting factor, so I will do whatever I can afford, the necessities being the repower, window installation(currently there are none) electronics and wiring, and some finish work in the wheelhouse.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Congrats on finding one! You probably already have but if not shoot Travis a pm, his family knows a thing or two about the 31 Bhm.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
I am looking for a Boat Shop to do a re-power, and a bunch of miscellaneous work on a 31 BHM that I just purchased. The boat is in CT, and I am on Long Island. There is no engine in the boat so running it isn't an option. I have a boat hauler lined up for the end of next week, which was a little tough this time of year. He is willing to take the boat to ME, or wherever, as long as he has at least a days notice on destination. I also can't keep the boat at it's current location much longer so I had to jump on the opening.

I have spoken to a couple of builders with open slots, but haven't gotten any definitive answer or estimates yet, which is not their fault, I am just pressed for time due to the combination of circumstances.

I figure I should throw this out here, In case something doesn't work out with a builder I have spoken to. Does anyone knows of a good shop (btwn Long Island and ME)with an opening that can do the work? Budget will be a limiting factor, so I will do whatever I can afford, the necessities being the repower, window installation(currently there are none) electronics and wiring, and some finish work in the wheelhouse.

Give Travis a call. He can give ya a quote on the work and on SISU marine diesel if you have not picked out an engine ;)

andy65

Commander
First Name
Andy
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
Try Tiger at Port Niantic. Niantic, CT They do a lot of repower. Cummins dealer. Know their stuff.

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
Hi jnoon. can you take a quick picture and post. is house new or old? is this a rebuild or fitting out new build? helps to know when talking the window instal best of luck:p

jnoon

Lieutenant Commander
Hi jnoon. can you take a quick picture and post. is house new or old? is this a rebuild or fitting out new build? helps to know when talking the window instal best of luck:p

Here is a pic of the boat before the prior owner began the tear out for the re-fit.

get-attachment-151.aspx.jpg

jnoon

Lieutenant Commander
This is the current condition. Cutouts are in place for sliding door at port helm, and on starbard side as well. Windows at cutouts need reframing. The prior owner glassed in plywood on the interior of wheelhouse.

4321458_20130416085620862_1_XLARGE.jpg

Boat Make
Jarvis Newman 36
nice project

Looks like you have a great foundation for a terrific project. Good luck with you decisions. Please keep posting pictures of your progress. Enjoy the process.

Boat Make
Jarvis Newman 36
Nice. Ken is a nice guy. Good luck. I am sure it will come out great. Please post pics on your progress, i am looking forward to following your progect. Our rehab project is just 1 mile away at Farrin's. Maybe we will bump into you.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom