Boatyards in Maine

Jwasilisin

Ensign
Boat Make
Zimmerman 36
I own a Zimmerman 36 that was built from a BHM hull. I am in Maine on vacation and want to visit some quality DE yards. Any suggestions? Thanx...John

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Flowers Boat Shop

not sure where you are vacationing but Flowers Boat Shop Walpole (mainelyboats on this forum)Maine would be a good place to visit.

Ken & Dave Flowers are great people. Lots going on in the shop including their new 43 Floers being built for "Eslang" who is on this forum.

Jwasilisin

Ensign
Boat Make
Zimmerman 36
Bill,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will checkout Flowers.

I am going to visit Atlantic Boats in Brooklin. My hull is a BHM and was made there in 1999.

Thanx...John

Boat Make
Jarvis Newman 36
If you are going to check out Flowers you should also check out Farrin's. Just 1 mile from Flower's. They are working on our conversion right now.

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
If you are going to visit Atlantic boats, Wesmac and Calvin Beal boats (SW Boatworks) are not that far away. I was easily able to visit all three of those in the same day, and I think I also visited John who builds the 38 Northern Bay that same day as well- it was a busy day, but I had a lot of fun. I also visited Flowers shop and took a ride on a 40 Young brothers, it was a great trip. After looking at all those boats, I ended up ordering a 38 Wesmac hull.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Wesmac is putting the finishing touches on my friends 46, 1150hp. It's worth a look, you have to be warned tough. Maine people love to talk, u may need over a half day at each shop.

DBM

Commander
Lite User

Jwasilisin

Ensign
Boat Make
Zimmerman 36
I visited Lowell Brothers in Yarmouth, Atlantic Boat Yard and Brooklin Boat Yard in Brooklin, Maine. These were great experiences for anyone who loves downeast boats. The people were very generous with their time, and I found the visits extremely educational and informative.

I highly recommend visiting these true craftsmen. I also recommend making an appointment beforehand to get the best visit.

Steady

Ensign
Boat Make
Calvin Beal 38
Hi John, We just completed our 4th boat with Farrin's. She is a 38 Calvin Beal. They really do things right, and we would not hesitate to recommend them. We just completed a 30 day shake down from Maine to U.P. Michigan (Lake Huron). We put 170 hours on boat and I told the team at Farrin's that if they came to Michigan to do warranty work, there would be nothing on her to fix. Amazing. Prior Farrin boats were 38 Wesmac, 36 Wayne Beal, 35 Mitchell Cove.

guitarman

Commander
Boat Make
Dyer 29 Hardtop
Good to know so many are still in business in spite of economy and price of fuel. Does anyone know if more are being sold as pleasure or commercial boats.
isn't that the same thing? anytime your on the water in a boat it's a pleasure:-D

Powderpro

Vice Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Hi John, We just completed our 4th boat with Farrin's. She is a 38 Calvin Beal. They really do things right, and we would not hesitate to recommend them. We just completed a 30 day shake down from Maine to U.P. Michigan (Lake Huron). We put 170 hours on boat and I told the team at Farrin's that if they came to Michigan to do warranty work, there would be nothing on her to fix. Amazing. Prior Farrin boats were 38 Wesmac, 36 Wayne Beal, 35 Mitchell Cove.

Do you have pictures of your boats? Sounds like you have had some nice ones. Is Lake Huron home base?

Dr Dude

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
Fortier 33 , McKeeCraft 28

Steady

Ensign
Boat Make
Calvin Beal 38
Wow, thanks Tony for the kind words and the nice invite. We are actually back home in Ventura CA and awaiting arrival of Steady. She is on truck headed west as I write to you. We pulled her out of the lake at DeTour Village and Bruce over at Passage Boatworks helped us get the boat loaded on the truck from Joule Yacht Transport. So, we will take a rain check on that free drink, and hope to take you up on that offer if we are back that way. We would love to see the Fortier 33 as well. I am still not so swift here with photo posting but I will attempt sending the lay-out which we are often asked about. Appreciatively, Glen

image.jpg

Top Bottom