bonar bax

seabass man

Lieutenant
Can anyone tell me the best way to secure a bonar box in the center of a fiberglass deck? I would prefer a clean install. Thanks

Aloop

Commander
A couple of 4x4 bolted to the deck then drop the box over it, I installed a new box last weekend!

Fishinengineer

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Duffy
Bonar install

I have a few pieces of rubber from a truck bed mat under the feet of the box on my Duffy, it never moves full or empty.

MBILL

Commander
Boat Make
35 Duffy&Duffy
Plenty of good ideas up above. Here's my setup.

A local metal/welder guru put these together.
4 4"X3" SS plates with a nut welded to the bottom. The nut is in a hole drilled into the deck. The bolts attach to SS L brackets screwed into the legs. There's nothing to trip over and it's flush with the box removed. It's worked great.

BONAR_MOUNT.jpg

Crabman

Lieutenant Commander
Unsecured on a rubber matted deck is dangerous. For most conditions it will stay in place. When the shit hits the fan, it will slide and may cause you a lot more problems with the shifting weight. If a crewmember gets between the box and the gunwale trying to stop the movement, someone could get seriously hurt. Been there, done that. Be careful.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
I agree w/Crabman altough i am guilty as charged. Mine sits on a rubber mat. If the seas are or start to get ugly i tie mine down with 1/2inch nylon. Plus depending on what kind of fishing im doing I prefer to either have the box center or pushed as far forward as possible to open up n clear deck space.

seabass man

Lieutenant
I have exactly what MBILL has. You can see what he's talking about in the picture.

That's great, where did you get the top made?
I like just leaving it on the rubber mats, but in rough seas I can see a problem.

Where is a good place to purchase a box in the northeast?

Thanks for the responses.

Whatta Catch

Commander
Website
www.whattacatch.com
Boat Make
40' H and H, 31 JC and 25' Carolina Skiff
that's great, where did you get the top made?
I like just leaving it on the rubber mats, but in rough seas i can see a problem.

Where is a good place to purchase a box in the northeast?

Thanks for the responses.

apfmarine group on long island new york made the top. It's all welded with no screws. Very well made.

j dandy

Lieutenant
been there done that to, my box full of water&lobster clear across the deck till it hits the rail (NO GOOD!) must be secured.

gsous89

Lieutenant
fished with someone once who thought the box would stay put unbolted.......almost got my legs broken.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom