First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

PatriciaLynn

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Repco
I love to mess with one of my friends that live in Boothbay by referring to it as " Booth-BAY". Overpronouncing the BAaaaY sound thowing a little WASPy fade at the end of it. Drives em crazy.

Last edited:

Pete H

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Pete
Boat Make
Rosborough RF-246
Ok so I saw an article on some magazine that was talking about Boothbay Harbor and Boothbay as if it was the same place. They are not. 2 different towns, 2 different town offices, 2 different fire departments. 2 different zip codes. Boothbay Harbor has its own police department. Also it’s Boothbay not Booth Bay. Sorry I grew in Boothbay Harbor and it maybe trivial to most, it’s a pet peeve of mine.
What about East Boothbay? My uncle was always very specific about where he lived

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Viexile

Lieutenant Commander
As with a lot of the Boothbay area, East Boothbay has a rich history. My Grandfather Gerald Hyson worked many of the shipyards in that area. Went on to build houses in the area, then took care of many cottages on Ocean Point. My mother grew up on School Street.
I never seen so much damn lobster warp anywhere else on Earth as I did the night (and next morning after we woke up) I came up to E. Boothbay in a raging thunderstorm. 12 year old on the foredeck pointing around floats and toggles. It was the night Clinton admitted getting a gobbler. We got in about 11:30 at night and I left the kid on the boat with a 12V TV and went and pounded on the door of the bar. Soaked. They unlocked and let me in, locked the door and I watched history on the telly. And pounded beer. Woke up the next morning to some poor sod checking his gear with about 20 pots wrapped together of all colors and sorts. Not unexpected. Miles and miles of warp.

Top Bottom