Boothbay Harbor Marina

AJ2020

Commander
Boat Make
Duffy 35
How far is it from Portland to Boothbay Harbor? Was thinking about going up for the weekend so I found a slip at Boothbay Harbor Marina... I haven't been there since I was a kid...anything for the wife to do there? Does anyone know of the facilities are any good?

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

AJ2020

Commander
Boat Make
Duffy 35
Saturday afternoon until Sunday.. any good restaurants around?

SoPoMike

Lieutenant
First Name
Mike
Boat Make
24FT Ellis Express 1996
Although not really directly in Boothbay Harbor, Robinson's Wharf inside Townsend Gut near the swing bridge & Southport is a nice place you might be able to get a slip or dockspace and go have dinner or lunch. It has good food & drink at a fair price. Check out their web site.

To give you an idea ... It took us about 4 hours ... 10 knots +/- per hour ... from Boothbay ...through Townsend Gut ... down the Sheepscot River around Sequin to Mark Island / Eagle Is. over to Chebeague and then down to South Port Marine. The book A Cruising Guide to the Maine Coast offers great information and options.

Last edited:

SeacoastFirewood

Lieutenant
First Name
Christian
Has anyone cruised from Portland harbor to the Botanical gardens in Boothbay? I know they have a few mooring available for visitors.

SoPoMike

Lieutenant
First Name
Mike
Boat Make
24FT Ellis Express 1996
AJ2020 ... would be interesting to learn if you got up to Boothbay Harbor & if so ... a summary of your travels and insights. (Thanks)

Jjammer

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
36 Stanley / John Williams
I run Camden to Portland at 15 knots in about 4.5-5 hours.

Boothbay is about in the middle of that run, if memory serves Portland to Boothbay at 15 knots is about 2 hours or a bit more if you're stopping to smell the roses.

AJ2020

Commander
Boat Make
Duffy 35
AJ2020 ... would be interesting to learn if you got up to Boothbay Harbor & if so ... a summary of your travels and insights. (Thanks)
Got a hook stuck in my face right below my eye, so I didn't go. Maybe next month...

Samp

Lieutenant Commander
Has anyone cruised from Portland harbor to the Botanical gardens in Boothbay? I know they have a few mooring available for visitors.
Yes, they do. But the water gets real skinny at low tide, and there’s a bridge to get under at high tide. It is worth the effort.

SeacoastFirewood

Lieutenant
First Name
Christian
Yes, they do. But the water gets real skinny at low tide, and there’s a bridge to get under at high tide. It is worth the effort.
This would be a goal for this summer in my Seaway 19. SoPo to Botanical gardens. Cruising 10-15 knots as conditions allow.

Top Bottom