Bottom painters, Cape Ann area?

jon3030

Commander
Boat Make
35' Five Islands
I need to have the bottom of my boat sanded and painted. I would normally do it myself but don't have the means to get it off the trailer. Can anyone recommend a yard or independent guy in the Cape Ann area? The two yards here in Manchester are going to be too pricey for my budget.

Thanks.

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
Down in Quincy they'll take your vessel off a trailer and block it. It was $125 for my little seventeen on and off...is just taking it off the trailer your biggest problem?

Tuna Pursuit

Rear Admiral
Website
www.oliverwelding.com
Boat Make
Thunnus
I need to have the bottom of my boat sanded and painted. I would normally do it myself but don't have the means to get it off the trailer. Can anyone recommend a yard or independent guy in the Cape Ann area? The two yards here in Manchester are going to be too pricey for my budget.

Thanks.

Tom on rt 133 in Essex. He's in the old Story Ship Yard building. I think it's Essex Marine. Just be very specific about how he will prep the bottom. He can take it off the trailer indoors. He did my 18' tripp last year and I said sand & paint. I thought we was going to sand all the old paint off but he didn't. He sanded the surface and did a very good job of painting so I think I just wasn't clear enough. I would recommend him, he also shrink wrap for me in the fall.

Top Bottom