Brand New to Downeast Boat Forum

toolmaker

Commander
Hello:

My name is Capt Jay Mulligan and brand new to Downeast Boat Forum and I just purchased a 2001 28 ft Nauset. I have owned dozens of boats and always wanted a downeast boat so when this one became available I couldn't resist. I ran the boat from Cape Cod to CT and all was well. Unfortunately I am out of time for the season so she is hauled, winterized and is wrapped for the winter.

In the spring my first project will be to install seats as there are non. I have the engine box to deal with and was wondering what you guys usually install ? I have looked at the folding types from the cabin wall to pedestals and everything listed on the internet market and just cant come up with the right solution.

Any ideas or pictures you guys might have would be appreciated.

Many thx, Capt. Jay

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Welcome aboard. Nice Rig. Good thing you didnt buy a maxxum. I heard guys around here dont take well to those kinda boats. :rolleyes:

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Not sure. After the guys found out he was trying to sell his maxxum, they got on him pretty hard.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Welcome to the DBF Cap. That's a nice hull design. I have a motor box / seating issue in my boat as well. There is currently one pedestal seat for the helm and that's it. I am considering making some folding leaning posts that come off the cabin wall. Just enough to rest your back end on should you want to sit, yet is there for leaning on if you prefer to stand. Easier to drop down than the folding seats and should provide a little more room for walking around the motor box on either side. Just a thought.

toolmaker

Commander
Welcome to the DBF Cap. That's a nice hull design. I have a motor box / seating issue in my boat as well. There is currently one pedestal seat for the helm and that's it. I am considering making some folding leaning posts that come off the cabin wall. Just enough to rest your back end on should you want to sit, yet is there for leaning on if you prefer to stand. Easier to drop down than the folding seats and should provide a little more room for walking around the motor box on either side. Just a thought.

Thx, I have been looking at those folding seats and that might be a solution. I see you are in Clinton and I am in Westbrook but away for the winter. lets get together next summer and compare notes. Jay

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
W Good thing you didnt buy a maxxum. I heard guys around here dont take well to those kinda boats. :rolleyes:

What happened to that thread? Bill probably deleted it "for the good of the forum" a little sarcasm gave way to a little nastiness and the guy's still probably crying hisself to sleep every night.

You just don't hop on a forum with your first post hawking ye current piece of junk on someone else.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Altough Bosboatman, if we got it real cheap, we could have a DEBF bar with the maxxum
And then we could have real living mermaids at the bar working for the forum :D

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
Was everybodys first boat a downeast or did we all figure out that this was the way to go over time,trial and error. I am all for breaking balls but if I were that guy I would have told us all to go fuck ourselves. Lets not have this become the Downeast Snot forum, he seemed to have come here for what appeared to be the right reason and that's to get rid of one of "those" so he could get into one of "these". Party on gents!

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
No need for apologies, just trying to keep a good thing going here.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
I completely agree, and between the weather and being stuck at my indoor job, i guess this site is only thing keeping me partially sane at the moment. I need more aquatic therapy

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
"Downeast Snot Forum" lol...good one.

I can only laugh on some things that were said to him "plastic for sure burn her" "come back when ye got your settlement check" "we'll take the engines" lol

Renegade go seek him out hopefully he hasn't burned her or scuttled her offshore YET

Muscie

Commander
Boat Make
36 Flowers finished by Cape Island, 2014 ; 645 QSM11
Thx, I have been looking at those folding seats and that might be a solution. I see you are in Clinton and I am in Westbrook but away for the winter. lets get together next summer and compare notes. Jay
attached is the seat set-up I had in my 28. folding helm & cooler /seat mounted on th engine box.

Gracie ii -1.jpg

toolmaker

Commander
folding seats

Muscie

thx for the picture of the folding seat
what was the brand name ?

Jay

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
"Downeast Snot Forum" lol...good one.

I can only laugh on some things that were said to him "plastic for sure burn her" "come back when ye got your settlement check" "we'll take the engines" lol

Renegade go seek him out hopefully he hasn't burned her or scuttled her offshore YET

Although I agree with Plowin' 100%, I still had to laugh when I read your post! Does that make me a bad person? :confused: I did sincerely appologize to the gent afterwards. Besides, I actually paid him a compliment. Those motors really are very nice! ;)

Top Bottom