Bruno 42

KIDE

Lieutenant
Just found this on YW. Broker has no idea if its cored or solid glass hull, and doesn't seem to know much else. Rather have a single screw boat, but its nearby and my take a look. Any thoughts appreciated. Anybody here have an idea if 42s like this were cored or solid? Thanks.

View Boat Photos - YachtWorld.com

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Wow twin screws. The only only other twin screw 42 bruno that i knew of was scottys old boat the wee mac. As far as coring. I have no idea. I wanna say its solid glass.

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Wow twin screws. The only only other twin screw 42 bruno that i knew of was scottys old boat the wee mac. As far as coring. I have no idea. I wanna say its solid glass.
MasterRenegade,I just saw the old Wee Mac in a boat yard by me...looks like someone is living on her ...on the hard.....it would be a project

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
MDI: THAT BOAT WAS ALWAYS A PROJECT.
IT WAS HARRY McCALLISTERS BOAT. I REMEMBER AS A KID WHEN HE CONVERTED THE BOAT TO TWINS. BUT BELIEVE IT OR NOT THE BOAT USED TO ACTUALLY MOVE FOR A BOAT BACK IN THE DAY. AND IM REFERRING TO THE MID 80'S SO MIND YOU 15-18KNTS WAS FAST BACK THEN.

KIDE

Lieutenant
This Bruno is nearby, so I may go look at her. Is there an easy way to tell if she's cored without pulling thruhulls? Can you tell looking tell from looking for something else? I'm not real thrilled with a twin screw. Motors are old 3208 naturals. How hard to convert to a single screw if she were repowered?

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Pull the rear deck hatches and examine the area around the rudder ports, you should be able to any readout of the coring it is there. You can also try to look under the gunnels. If she is cored you will see the top line of coring about 2 from the top of the hull edge.
Pair of 210 NA CATs sounds like a ten knot boat.

KIDE

Lieutenant
Looked at her this am. Nice green paint. I believe the hull is cored based on what I saw. The Cats are blobs of rust, the interior from the helm back is trashed--she needs a lot.

I know a little about boats, but recognize that I don't know squat about work boats. From some other threads here, it looks like she'd be OK to convert as a workboat if the hull is OK and the Cats are workable. Cut most/all of the house off, and tear out the house interior--that's trashed anyway.

Too much of a project for me. I'm looking for a pleasure occasional cruiser/fisher.

Thanks for the replies

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Looked at her this am. The Cats are blobs of rust, the interior from the helm back is trashed--she needs a lot.

it looks like she'd be OK to convert as a workboat if the hull is OK and the Cats are workable. Cut most/all of the house off, and tear out the house interior--that's trashed anyway.

Too much of a project for me. I'm looking for a pleasure occasional cruiser/fisher.
Thats why there is no pictuers of the motors.....so it is like alot of other boats on here for sale..1976 hull for 60 grand.....OMG

KIDE

Lieutenant
The boat has been sitting for awhile, and the owners moved away. I think it could be had for a lot, lot less than the ask.

sea duck

Lieutenant
Boat Make
31'JC 36 Harris 42'Bruno,55'Bruno,80' Shrimper,now 31'Rampage
I've had 2 Bruno's 1 42' and 1 55' my 55 was an '80 she was cored,my 42 was a '78 and as far as I knew only 1 of 2 solid glass ones built,if she's a '75 she's CORED!!

sea duck

Lieutenant
Boat Make
31'JC 36 Harris 42'Bruno,55'Bruno,80' Shrimper,now 31'Rampage
She was originaly set up for scalloping,then I used her to haul bait,(huge fish hold) then I lobstered,slime eeled,and yes Giant Tuna fished her(caught a sh-tload) with her.Occasional trip to the canyons for yellowfin,bigeye,albies.We did take a sword and a striped marlin on one trip. She held 1800 fuel with a 3408 Cat. Excellent sea boat,I stayed out when a lot went home,But she did 8 1/2 to 10 maybe with the tide running. I'd run her from Boston to Hydrogrphers to Veatches to Hudson and back,she always brought me to and back,great motor,sold her to a guy in P.E I. Just a little slow but would go anywhere anytime!

Top Bottom