Bruno Stillman 35

Dr. Chip

Commander
Boat Make
Bruno & Stillman 35
Am in the process of closing on a Stillman 35. My first downeast, with my previous boat on Long Island Sound being a 1957 Egg Harbor 30 sport, with a pair of chrysler crowns that I kept humming beautifully. I sadly had to get rid of the boat due to age and wood deterioration. Before that, a sailor on the north shore of Boston during my time at the MGH.
The inspection and sea trial will take place over the next week or so.
If all goes well, will post pictures etc. But 30 seconds on yachtworld will of course tell the tale of which boat and where.
It will be nice to be back on the Sound.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Welcome to the DBF! A friend has a 35 Bruno that I have fished on. Nice boat. I'm sure there are plenty of Bruno owners lurking about who can provide their opinions. Good luck with it!

Sailorgp

Commander
Boat Make
Sisu 26
My dad owned a 33' Pacemaker (purchased new in 1955) with a pair of Chrysler Crowns. Built by C.P Leek & Sons. Very similar if not identical to the Egg Harbors of the day.

Dr. Chip

Commander
Boat Make
Bruno & Stillman 35
I think at one point the two companies merged, dont know when. Definitely both classic NJ boats.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
I lusted after that boat for a while- lots of great little details on her but a little too slow for me in the end. Price has come down which is always good. Good luck with the week!

riskybusiness

Commander
Boat Make
35 five islands
those Bruno's are probably one of the best riding 35' boats out there, I have a five islands 35 which is out of the same mold just built by a different company. I absolutely love it...they ride phenominal...

Dr. Chip

Commander
Boat Make
Bruno & Stillman 35
Thanks fellas. Great hearing positive feedback.
I am looking forward to it getting a clean bill of health (yes, a positive ACA reference).
I will keep the boat at City Island and most trips will be around the western Sound and down to Manhattan. We have been renting in Montauk, so I suspect that will be on the list of places more distant we visit.
Mostly however, given how little actual free time I have, it will primarily be a great day boat for friends and family. And one I expect to keep for quite a long while
Never had a diesel but all available data suggests the 3028T should prove reliable if well taken care of. The oil analyses will be critical data informing the final sale.
It is a solid glass hull.
Hopefully will have everything done by next weekend then will probably make the trip up in the spring.

atlanticblue

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
35 ft Bruno Stillman
Nice!

Very nice! I have the same motor and like it a lot . Very clean boat, you'll love it! 320 hp ?

Dr. Chip

Commander
Boat Make
Bruno & Stillman 35
Great!! thanks.
Yes, its the 320HP version.
Query...how intrusive is the motor at cruise (12kts I think) when in the main cabin? Is one forced to move to the FB?

captinchris

Lieutenant
35 bruno stillman !
I bought 2 year ago 1974 solid hull and with fly bridge
over 1 year restore project finished august...........
16knt ..........very economical very sea worthy.....
very strong boat...........
i love this boat.........

IMG_1560.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Chip

Commander
Boat Make
Bruno & Stillman 35
Thanks CaptinChris. Wow, that is one beautiful and solid lookimg boat. I am impressed.

It is very encouraging that the comments (so far) have been so positive for the Stillman 35.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
I have the 3208t(320hp) motor and cant say enough good things about her. Super clean burning, runs the same everytime, and very good on fuel. I cruise 600 off top end and she just chugs along at 12-14knts in my jc. The bruno hull im sure is even more efficient then my JC

Good luck, you will love the boat until you wanna go bigger ;)

Dr. Chip

Commander
Boat Make
Bruno & Stillman 35
Hello WC1966, Small world I guess. So the Rain Dog (I suspect I will rename it) was up north at some point?
Hopefully I'll be able to find the time to bring the boat up to CI myself.

Dr. Chip

Commander
Boat Make
Bruno & Stillman 35
Masterenegade, thats really good news. Was a bit worried at first I must say. How noisy is it at cruise? My previous boat had a nice hum from the 2 sixes but I am wondering about the Cat.
Perhpas we shall meet someday off eatons neck.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
The noise really isnt bad. I do have sound insulation under the floor, but the turbo doesnt really bother me at all untill i start running 2300 or better. It does sound like a cat and does have the usual vibrations, but not bad compared to some boats i have been on

Top Bottom