Business

rwilson

Lieutenant
Do you need a business license/permit from town to run charters or is the oupv license enough? Thanks for any help

Downrigga

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36' NB
If you rent a slip you might want to check with the town to see if they will allow charters to be run from that slip.

woodworks

Lieutenant
Do you need a business license/permit from town to run charters or is the oupv license enough? Thanks for any help
Down here ,Alabama
Federal permits
State Charter license
Town Bisiness license &
Being close to the Florida state line if I’m high speed trolling home (lines in the water )with fish in the boat
I have to have a Florida non resident charter license
Same for Louisiana non resident
Charter , & commercial if I want to land any fish there

Kailua Kid

Captain
Website
www.gibbonslawgroup.com
Boat Make
General Marine 26; Klamath 19; Sparkman & Stephens Yankee 38 sloop
The OUPV is your license to carry passengers for hire, of course. The business license is your license to conduct business, of whatever kind, subject to any local exemptions. Different licenses; both required, each by a different governmental body/authority.

If you are contemplating use of a town dock or other municipal facility as part of your business, I would expect you would need a license or permit or some other authorization from the town government to do so, probably including a hold-harmless and an indemnification agreement to protect the municipality from claims, suits, liability, etc. and proof of insurance for that purpose, naming the municipality as an additional insured on your P&I policy, with a waiver of subrogation. Your insurance broker will have suggestions for the required policy addendum.

leaky

Admiral
This a necro'd post but I'd be calling the marina where the boat is kept 1st, verify if you can have customers there (some don't allow it or may have special rules). Then once you know where that pickup/drop-off activity occurs, be it a town dock, the actual marina, whatever, call the harbor master for guidance on any town requirements. That's who will be coming after you for rules broken and not a town clerk. Taxes and how you setup a business are another story.

Members online

Top Bottom