Canyon Runner Seminars

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Ha, I've never been but brother and father did, said it was great. I was staying a hotel with them once and they put on a great show. The material they gave my Dad and brother was worth the read. What else do you do in the winter?

I remember going to Boston Big Game seminars years ago and always was a fun get together...

greg

Captain
Yes, its worth the money. Good entertainment. But they don't tell you everything, and they don't all fish the same way. Each captain has their own way of doing things, and they don't even tell each other some techniques. They can be little competitive ;)

But overall, its worth the time. They cover everything from trolling to chunking and will have sessions on specific fish like swordfish and this year bigeyes I'm sure.

Just be aware that with them, its all about the numbers. They are more interested in catching a lot of fish, as opposed to catching quality fish. They rig with relatively light leaders for example. For their business, it's better to boat 20 small to medium yft than 4 over 100 pounds. If those larger fish break off, they aren't concerned. They are after the smaller ones in numbers.

You may want to do it differently, or not. ;)

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Yes, its worth the money. Good entertainment. But they don't tell you everything, and they don't all fish the same way. Each captain has their own way of doing things, and they don't even tell each other some techniques. They can be little competitive ;)

But overall, its worth the time. They cover everything from trolling to chunking and will have sessions on specific fish like swordfish and this year bigeyes I'm sure.

Just be aware that with them, its all about the numbers. They are more interested in catching a lot of fish, as opposed to catching quality fish. They rig with relatively light leaders for example. For their business, it's better to boat 20 small to medium yft than 4 over 100 pounds. If those larger fish break off, they aren't concerned. They are after the smaller ones in numbers.

You may want to do it differently, or not. ;)

I have been twice and this sums it up very well.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
In what can a times be a real rat race, catching a lot of fish fast can be a handy skill. Crush 'em before the swarm arrives and they quit biting.

Top Bottom