Cape Dory tuna

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
Vessel Name: DABCHICK USCG Doc. No.: 918623 Vessel Service: COMMERCIAL FISHING VESSEL IMO Number: * Trade Indicator: Fishery Call Sign: * Hull Material: FRP (FIBERGLASS) Hull Number: CPDDD506D788 Ship Builder: CAPE DORY YACHTS INC Year Built: 1987

Length (ft.): 27.9 Hailing Port: SOUTH BRISTOL ME Hull Depth (ft.): 5.6
Hull Breadth (ft.): 9.9 Gross Tonnage: 10 Net Tonnage: 8 Documentation Issuance Date: June 30, 2004 Documentation Expiration Date: April 30, 2013

Linesiders

Lieutenant Commander
Haven't heard much about these boats. What do you think of the build?

MouseTrap

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Rosborough
Cape Dory had a reputation for building seaworthy boats for over 40 years. I've heard it said more than once that they built such a quality product, they could not compete with much cheaper plastic boats, and were forced into bankruptcy around 1990. They were fairly slow, brick $hithouses.

Capttony

Lieutenant
Boat Make
22'sisu diesel 16' delano skiff
I've never seen a real worker as far as cape dory's . Most of them are cruisers. Robing hood marine out of maine builds the big cd's under their name now. I think its the origianal owner of cape dory

djmarchand

Captain
Boat Make
Atlas Pompano 23 outboard
I own the Power Cruiser recreational version of that boat. This is the first one I have seen rigged as a pure commercial fisherman, with an open, short cabin. But no reason not to like it in that service. I like mine a lot.

David

Top Bottom