Captain Larry Festa

Estimator

Commander
Boat Make
43 Torres
I wanted to thank everyone for all the kind words, flowers and support from the unfortunate passing of Larry Festa.
Larry touched so many of us in some kind of way. His help, advice or him just being there for us was truly a gift and one that I will never forget.

I wanted to leave everyone one with a picture of him, one that he would want us to remember him by.

I will miss him every day.

Anthony

photo12[1].jpg

Estimator

Commander
Boat Make
43 Torres
The Legend

A bump for Captain Larry for shark tournament weekend.
He lived to hunt for the Mako and I was happy that I learned how to shark fish from him.

Very tough for me to write about him in the past tense but I have to.

Some of his close friends have had quality mako's in their cockpits this season and I am sure he is looking down and is proud that we hunted the man in the blue suit and took home a trophy.

Tight Lines
Anthony

Hooper

Captain
I truly wish I had the chance to meet Larry, as a fisherman and a police officer we shared a lot in common. Any time I spoke with Larry he was a classy guy.

Fair Tides, Captain Larry

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

blackdiamond296

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Alan Johnson 28 w/ 260 Yanmar
Tournament season, "if it ain't Pro it doesn't go in the water"

Actually, Larry treated every shark trip like it was a tournament day!

We're all still 'licking our wounds' as he would say, but we have his memory with us every morning we break the inlet.
image.jpg

image.jpg

jojobee

Commander
Larry used to work my booth in NYC selling Yanmars. I looked forward to seeing and talking to him about everything from lobster boats to sea isle fishing rods. I also thought of him with the shark tourneys going on.

Bill_N

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
I missed this post when you put it up Anthony. Very nice picture!

As I work on getting my JC ready for the water I can't tell you how many times I wished I could send him a PM with some questions that I know I'd have an answer for a couple hours later. He was an amazing guy for sure..

Last edited:

atlanticblue

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
35 ft Bruno Stillman
sorry to here about Larry!!!!!

a little late to here about his passing, was just looking him up to see what was new and found out he passed! really did not know him but i spoke with him a bunch about sharking and we both wrote articles about shark tourney fishing in the same Big game journal a few years back. a stand up guy,new a lot about everything(boats/motors/props/pitchs and so on. .Im in shock, he will be missed! condolences to his family!!!! R.I.P Larry

icemang

Captain
I actually got here after Capt. Larry passed, but I've read a bunch of posts by him and seen him in pictures and I almost feel like I knew the guy. RIP

Last edited:

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Saw this on FB figured I share to remember Larry.. If you weren't a member then. Larrys name was captainlarry84.. You can use the search bar at the top to read some of his posts. He was very knowledgeable and a great help to many members on here in all aspects..

image.jpg

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

The Gaff

Lieutenant
Boat Make
26GM
I was not active on this site two years ago but I ran into Larry weeks before he passed at an old reunion. We sat at the same table laughed a bit, ate but then we take our usual trip down memory lane. We rehashed every 70s/80s Montauk boat. Every boat we could remember its Capts.crew, its make, model, color, power, and the big fish caught. There were 8 or 10 others at our table (non fisherman) it went on for hours it was pretty funny. I cannot believe two years have passed.... RIP...A great guy

Bill_N

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
I always thought Larry had two middle initials - JC. He was the man when it came to JC boats. RIP Capt!

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
We all miss him, but how can this picture not put a smile on your face?

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom