Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Just got back from Braintree theatre.. Got there 25 mins early.. The show I wanted to see and the next one an hour later were both sold out.. Heard its a good Flick.

val273

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Miss my Seabird 23....
2 news articles in NY papers where some of the crew was interviewed, stating they took ALOT of poetic license when writing this screenplay...like the other poster said...not alot of love for Capt. Phillips from his former crew........

Toolate

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

cb34

Rear Admiral
holliwoooood

Typical, "based on a true story" There was a ship taken...........and the rest is BS:D No different then the so called news on tv

tailhook

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 JC
In the book "no easy day" mark Owen talks about the situation that the Seals went thru on that one, would like to see the movie.

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
$30,000 missing

Our local paper had a write up on the real event. It appears $30,000 was taken out of the safe on the boat by the captain to pay off the pirates. The money was never discovered. What happened to it?

greg

Captain
Don't know anything about the captain or crew but human nature would make me believe that the crew has a case of "but that's not how it happened".

The captain was likely made to look heroic and smart, and the crew cowardly and like rats in the bilge. It would piss me off as well but the movie will sell many more tickets this way.

I'll probably see it if the kids want to go. Same for gravity. Neither is real but both will be fun to watch.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Wow, what a movie a must see and Tom Hanks wow.

The movie doesn't make anyone out to be a coward in my opinion. He'll, even though they were a different union it reminded me of everyday life, thinking I knew the Chief even. Ha.

I had a friend talk with one of the officers onboard. He said the movie was very accurate to what happened as well as some rumors I've heard from MEBA people in the hall.

For those of us who have sailed with captains, you'd either take them or leave them and then some you'd sail into hell with. For others who haven't, its just as much as me telling you something I do not understand.

The airport scene, that didn't make me feel good. For others it was probably a conversation that didnt fit in. For me, it reminds me of the lowest point in my life I deal with every four months, it does make the return so much sweeter.

The ending, what a great job by Tom Hanks, the trauma and confusion.

So now what happens, 33 years this pirate goes back to Somalia? Oh wait, are we educating him in jail... really makes me wonder...

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
Saw Capt. Phillips in Bangor tonight...good friggin movie. Made me a proud American in the end with a bunch of academy buddies. Who can't seal team 6 kill??

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
The other thing, the 6pm show was still sold out here in Florida...

Top Bottom