Censorship

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Is there a screening process in place in "Found Boats? now" Are things that bad?

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
I must have missed the fireworks show too. I did list a boat as "The Bayliner of D.E. World" the other day, but didn't bash it in any way. In fact, I implied it was a pretty good value. Not sure if this had anything to do with it or not, but the thread has been deleted. I hope it didn't start a free for all. But I know around here an Alura is not considered to be a "real" D.E. boat by many, although it shares quite a few features. Hence my title. It is what it is. But for $8k I thought it was actually a good deal for somebody.

chortle

Captain
Boat Make
Herreshoff Coquina, 1972 Jarvis Newman 36, PT11
From my perspective it seems like things are being well managed, considering how many people view and use this forum it is likely that there have been some issues but I think that the end result shows good judgement. My hats off to all involved, directly or indirectly and many thanks for asking our opinion on issues.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
VERY well managed. Thank you!

Incredible info here and very few negative comments IMO. Looks at some of these other forums! Great work moderators.

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Posts get moderated by all members because we had a cry baby threaten me with a lawyer because of comments made about his boat. Ironic thing was he was Captain of all bashers.. Funny how that works . I just don't want to deal with it.. Once again this is not directed at any one post or member this is just a way to make sure that I don't let things get out of hand

oldshell55

Captain
Boat Make
BHM36 , 38’ young bros ,
Posts get moderated by all members because we had a cry baby threaten me with a lawyer because of comments made about his boat. Ironic thing was he was Captain of all bashers.. Funny how that works . I just don't want to deal with it.. Once again this is not directed at any one post or member this is just a way to make sure that I don't let things get out of hand

sorry to hear that

I think you have a great product here and you do a great job

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
I despise cry babies. Especially on the internet of all places. I will keep this in mind Bill.

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
I must be on the censored list..
My posts are getting a flash message.. post won't be visable until moderator....

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM

Wow; I thought this was a site populated by MEN. What a disgrace.

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Every post is censored. If I chose individuals I would get sued

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Every post is censored. If I chose individuals I would get sued

It took 19 minutes for my duffy reply to show up???????

and.. I hope you censor them after I post them rather than.... while I am writing them :O)

Last edited:

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Ha . I'll Tell the DEBF elves to keep refreshing the moderation page.. Prob won't last long I just did it last night to see how it goes

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
My Sunday morning coffee rant: Right about now I love Shakespeare. He was right. The lawyers of the world have continuously changed the way we live. Now a kid can't cut lawns to earn money for his first boat because Mommy will sue the homeowner if junior gets a grass stain on his new work pants. He can't shovel snow to earn money for his first boat because Daddy will sue the homeowner if junior gets snow down his boots and his feet get cold. He can't sell lemonaide to earn money for his first boat because of the FDA regulations, and even his sister can't help him by selling brownies because she doesn't have the proper zoning permits to run a bakery! Even if Junior was given money from Mommy and Daddy to buy his first 8' dream boat, he can't even legally drive it anymore because the laws have been changed, and he needs insurance coverage on top of it all. So why even bother working in the first place? WTF? Who is responsible for sending the message to Junior that violent video games and junk food in a dark bedroom are all there is in life? Someone should sue that bastard!

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
My Sunday morning coffee rant: Right about now I love Shakespeare. He was right. The lawyers of the world have continuously changed the way we live. Now a kid can't cut lawns to earn money for his first boat because Mommy will sue the homeowner if junior gets a grass stain on his new work pants. He can't shovel snow to earn money for his first boat because Daddy will sue the homeowner if junior gets snow down his boots and his feet get cold. He can't sell lemonaide to earn money for his first boat because of the FDA regulations, and even his sister can't help him by selling brownies because she doesn't have the proper zoning permits to run a bakery! Even if Junior was given money from Mommy and Daddy to buy his first 8' dream boat, he can't even legally drive it anymore because the laws have been changed, and he needs insurance coverage on top of it all. So why even bother working in the first place? WTF? Who is responsible for sending the message to Junior that violent video games and junk food in a dark bedroom are all there is in life? Someone should sue that bastard!

The other day at tht , a thread got started for a 15yo job suggestions.

I was going to burst the dream with a reality reply but didn't...Kids are suckers for working for nothing , they should wait till they are adults to do that sort of thing!

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Top Bottom