Center helm down easters??

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Bill,
My old 28.

blitzen helm.jpg

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
My trouble is I like both style of boats. Blend and balance I guess.

Jay c

Commander
Boat Make
31' Duffy
Center helm - simple bench seat on top of the engine box.
Non-traditional, but it works very well for how we use the boat. No problems with visibility.

image.jpg

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Center helm - simple bench seat on top of the engine box.
Non-traditional, but it works very well for how we use the boat. No problems with visibility.

Now THAT is what I'm talking about !!!!!!:D

Question?? what hull is your boat and length???

No problem with your center line vision up on plane as in the picture ??

Last edited:

Jay c

Commander
Boat Make
31' Duffy
31' Duffy - no problem seeing over the bow, even with 6 oversized customers in the cockpit.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Mdi: I still drool over your boat. I know we have spoken before. Just not my time yet. :-|

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
This is just something I've observed and of course we all have opinions here. Ive had center helms and like them on twin screw boats. I like downeasters with a helm to the landing side of the vessel. I like to be able to approach a dock and be right on the side of the boat so I can judge everything. Sure its one thing if you are always landing on a pier you know.

That is why I also like my cockpit helm off to the side, gives me a great approach.

The downside though when landing on a dock on the other side, you are freaking 13' away from viewing how close you are...

Just my opinion...

So I guess if I was building a dream boat, it would be centerline helm inside the cabin and then one off to starboard in the cockpit... :)

Top Bottom