Classified section attn: Bill (site owner)

RAMPAGE88

Commander
Hey Bill. I've been a member here since you started this site & since joining I have bought & sold a few items here with members & I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for putting this all together & providing a place where people with like-minded interests can network, help, learn & benefit from each other. Thanks again & Hats off for a job well done! Best Always , Rick

Last edited:

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Thanks Rick. Really all the credit goes to everyone on here. Without everyone sharing all of their experience and helping out with people's questions there would be no forum. We've come along way in 2 years and some people are saying this is the best boating forum on the web, and it's true, why? Because basically we've got the best guys on here.

I appreciate everyone that is a member whether you are a boat builder or a complete novice who just likes downeasts, we need everyone to keep this virtual library going for many years to come.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Thanks Bill for getting and keeping this going. I guess it make sense that downeasters attract a high caliber crowd b/c they are such kick ass boats. They are boats that make sense in a variety of conditions and applications. The people who appreciate that probably have quite a few things figured out, but there is always more to learn, and I know I've learned a lot here.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Problem is that guys will then come on here and post crap posts llike " nice boat"," good lookin rig there capt".. Until they hit the required amount of posts to then list their boat. Real pain to moderate that. Ill keep an eye on it. I personally want to see all downeast boats for sale that people have listed on the web, ... If you see a searay or a sailboat on there let me know .

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
How about a probation period, like they have to be on here for at least a month first? That would cut down on it a bit.

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
The software puts limits on members according to # of posts only . I really think the classifieds section is doing fine. For example the dyer that got posted yesterday by a new member.I want to see this boat posted.

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Speaking of classifieds. Since we have enough members on here, roughly all from the northeast. What do you guys think about a classified section for everything else like cars, household items, services ( electricians, plumbers,roofers etc), ??

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
And yes I will moderate this section a lot more . If someone comes on here to post their car or service and its their first post it will be deleted.

val273

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Miss my Seabird 23....
Again, kudos to the owners and administrators of this site, it has, and continues to be an excellent source of hull specific info. I occasionally surf THT, and I know how huge it is...but man, they be alot of buffoons on there....threads get de-railed all the time....on this site, the boat owners, almost to a man, seem to have WAY more class than the other site....and it shows......like I said, a GREAT source for info on DE hulls of all sizes and shapes....

MouseTrap

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Rosborough
I sold SCUBA equipment and a chest freezer to DEBF members thru the classified. Glad it went to members here who could use them! It would be nice to have a separate place for things not directly related to vessels.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Bill:
Im in favor of whatever you choose to do. So far everything you have decided to do to make this site what it has become today in my eyes has been great!
And this sight is by far the most informative, instructional and most import i think has some of the best comroditey (spelling is wrong im sure) then any other site.

Thankyou again for the site!

Hooper

Captain
Speaking of classifieds. Since we have enough members on here, roughly all from the northeast. What do you guys think about a classified section for everything else like cars, household items, services ( electricians, plumbers,roofers etc), ??

Sounds great Bill, guys here at DEBF are trustworthy and I would rather buy from someone here as opposed to CL!

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made
Top Bottom