Classifieds Section Rules

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
After much request I am posting rules to the classifieds section to keep things fair for buyers and sellers.

1. Do not post boats that are not talked about on this site ( for example do not post a Searay on here), it will be deleted

2. If you are selling a product or service commercially please list it only once.

3. Dont price bash, if you have a comment regarding the price keep it to yourself, if you have a question as to whether the price is fair talk with another member on the private message sytem.

4. Do not bash a paticular boat that you have not stepped foot on. If you have a problem with engine hours, design etc dont buy the boat. IF how ever you have stepped foot on a boat and the boat has a problem ( soft deck etc) and it is not listed in the posting please let us know. Be respectful to other members boats (remember that you may want to use this resource to sell your boat at a later date).

monktails

Lieutenant
So because some of us are trying to sell things that may interest others they shall be deleted? I am trying to sell something on a site that I enjoy and provide information for but it gets deleted because it does not fit that profile?

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
There does have to be a line drawn somewhere . We want to keep the classifieds section pure with just downeast boats, this is the feedback that I have gotten for sometime , to be honest I personally don't care but the membership has spoken more than once and they do not want non downeasts in the classifieds section, I listen.

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Does that mean they can't sell their diesel engine that was removed out of a non downeast boat here? or electronics etc.

The other than downeast classifieds sounds like a great idea!

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
26' Webber Cove lobster boat.
Ok bill. But by that logic, people with wanted adds looking for anything but down-east boats should get deleted as well. Whats good for the goose should be good for the gander as well.
Also, what if I were to post an inflatable launch???? This is something that could be used to support a D-E boat, But it is not a de. Would that also be deleted.
I can kinda see where you are coming from, but I feel that you are being a little bias.
It just sounds a little selective to me.
And last but not least. Did you guys ever stop and think that a guy who is selling a non down east boat or boat part on this website is most likely going to use the money from the sale to either buy a down east or invest it in the one that he has.
You see so many members on this site who do not own down easters, but are here because they have a dream of owning one. If that same member needs a little help from this site in selling his current boat so that he may realize that dream, then I am all for it and all of you should be as well. Its all in the name of the DE cause.
I feel that everyone should really think about this.

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Ok bill. But by that logic, people with wanted adds looking for anything but down-east boats should get deleted as well. Whats good for the goose should be good for the gander as well.
Also, what if I were to post an inflatable launch???? This is something that could be used to support a D-E boat, But it is not a de. Would that also be deleted.
I can kinda see where you are coming from, but I feel that you are being a little bias.
It just sounds a little selective to me.
And last but not least. Did you guys ever stop and think that a guy who is selling a non down east boat or boat part on this website is most likely going to use the money from the sale to either buy a down east or invest it in the one that he has.
You see so many members on this site who do not own down easters, but are here because they have a dream of owning one. If that same member needs a little help from this site in selling his current boat so that he may realize that dream, then I am all for it and all of you should be as well. Its all in the name of the DE cause.
I feel that everyone should really think about this.

I think if you have a for sale section, and someone has something for sale.. sell it if it is boats. Maybe even trucks . No dishwashing machines please:eek:

Fishin Polski

Ensign
Would a 26' Pacemaker Wahoo be able to be listed? Although it is not a true Downeast boat, it is a single inboard keel boat, which I am looking to sell and would like to list it on this sight.

Ditchdigger

Captain
Please Bill,do NOT let this site become "The Hull Truth" ! What is nice about this site, is that real people are able to speak their opinions. Mostly about boats, and prices. I'm sure that some are insulting, but they can also be informative. Especially about pricing. If things are priced way out of line, then the seller might get enough feedback to face reality. If not, he should sell his product on "The Hull Truth" where Absolutely No Criticism is allowed . Ask me how I know. Very Thin skinned people dwell on that site. Criticism is good if kept in check.
Please don't let the thin skinned people take over this site too !!!!

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
It's that way on THT as well as here because it's the right way to run the site.. less lawyer threats(been there before ) .. if someone wants to ask more than what their asset is worth , let them.. just the American way .. someone buying that particular boat being recourceful can PM someone on here (no rules against discussing price over private message ) and ask what they paid .. search old classifieds etc.. if we don't have this rule people just price bash for sport when they have no intention of buying .. or worse price bashing just to steer other buyers away because they want the boat themselves ..

First Name
Harry
Boat Make
34 webbers cove
Reading the rules just now. Makes me remember when i was looking for hatches and a member offered me a good deal and another member snaked me under the table and i replied within hours. Now i ask for nothing

Top Bottom