Closing an open stern

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
Has anyone ever closed and open stern. I know there was a thread on this before but I couldn't find it. I would prefer to have it be fiberglass I'm not really interested in a tail gate or a metal contraption. Has any one ever done this or had one done. I am looking at a BHM that recently had its transome opened and the boat is exactly what I am looking aside from the transome. The owner is firm on his price and I'd like to know how much it's going to cost me to have it done by a professional due to lack of time with tuna season approaching and out on a ship 75% of the time. Any feed back is greatly appreciated
- Luke

jwalka51

Captain
Boat Make
26' Webber Cove lobster boat.
I actually have a transom out of a 31 bhm. The guy who cut it out of mine kept it. But why do you insits on putting the transom back in??? there are a lot of pro tuna guys with open stern boats. Im sure that it makes it a lot easier to get them into the boat.

CaptLuke

Rear Admiral
Jwalka it's mostly for aesthetics just not a big fan of the open stern. The boat will not only be fishing it will be a family boat as well. I don't like the look of rod holders bolted to a piece of metal across the stern. I would also want at least 5 rod holders across the transome and that would be alot of bolt on rod holders

Top Bottom