Cockpit lighting.

HUNTHARD

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
Looking for some ideas for lighting up the cockpit. What do you guys have mounted directly on to the top of the house, under the over hang of the house. Under the gunnel lights and lights mounted up on aluminum brackets. Still haven't made up my mind what to do and where to put em so would love to see some pictures of placement and what works for you guys...

Thanks.

Blacktide

Commander
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
Metal Halide on the roof. And I just put the rigid industries led under my overhang. They are much brighter than the halogens they replaced.

HUNTHARD

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
Blacktide what do you put under the overhang, rectangular rigid LEDs in the corners or did you put a long rectangular one dead center facing back under the over hang?
Thanks

Anyone have any lights in their engine room? Pics?

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
Rab floodzillas are the olny way to go if you want to draw in bait. And led for work lights get the mh lights as high as you can

HUNTHARD

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
Everyone talks about these floods ills not many if any guys around here have em, how much do they cost and who should I order them from? Can u order direct from rab?

Blacktide

Commander
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
I got the rectanglular rigids in corners under the overhang. The rab lights are 400w you can get them on amazon.

HUNTHARD

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
Just ordered a few floodzillas and a few of those rigid LEDs. I love under gunnel lightingf or fishing at night still trying to decide what to put under there.

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
Hey Paul,

You saw my under the overhead lights but I also have under the gunnel lights. They are great.

Did I miss something (it happens) what are you putting the lights you order on?

HUNTHARD

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
Flyod a 38 northern bay up in Maine. It was for sale back In November. Was a long process but we were able to work everything out. She will be up there getting some work done for the next 3 or 4 weeks before she Somes home.

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Yes it has a 3M adhesive backing that holds it up no problem. I just wiped down the area with some alcohol before mounting the strip.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Thinking about using a set of led trailer brake light under gunwales. 2 levels of brightness and the price is right. Could probably find a set with reverse lights to get red and white too. Led lights are big bux and I worry about those little strips lasting. Time will tell.

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
If you shop around you can get the ribbons and ropes cheap as shit. I think my buddy spent like $60 bucks to do the cockpit of his booze cruiser

I got a pair of round flush mount LEDs for the back of my jeep because they were cheaper than generic trailer lights.

ETA the ribbon Blitzin listed is like a buck a foot

HUNTHARD

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
Looks like that rope light is the way to go. Cheap and I know guys around here who have had them for 3 seasons and they still work. Hey for that price if they last 3 seasons I am happy. Thanks guys.

Top Bottom