Colindale 44

MKP

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44' x 17' Colindale
Hi guys,
I'm a west coast guy but I have been admiring DE boats lately. I am a commercial crab fisherman and like many aspects of what you right coast guys are building.

So I just bought a Colindale 44 up in Nova Scotia. I'm not really sure how to categorize the boat. It's a novi with some west coast hard chine mixed in. So I'm curious what you guys think about her. She had transmission problems when I flew out to seatrial her so I don't know how she rides and handles yet. Will wait until she's in California to find out.

TriNav Marine Brokerage - International Shipbrokers, Boat Brokers, Marine Brokers, Canada

http://trinav.com/photogalleries/6113/6113NS.pdf

image.jpg

Captain
Thats one awesome looking tank of a boat. I bet that boat rides very nice. I'm jealous!!

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
Interesting cuts and curves to the hull...reminds me of the Leblancs (in the water, not out)....I am sure this thing will ride friggin nice in any sea.

Talk'a'bout A BEAST!

robbie

Commander
She's a big girl!, may I ask how you're planning to get her home?.

MKP

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44' x 17' Colindale
She is either going on a ship in Halifax or west palm beach or on a truck in Charleston.

Does anyone know about Colindale? Have they built anything else? All I have been able to find is that they were a boat yard in NS.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Never seen a boat with chines like that and wedges built right into the hull. Is it glass? Almost looks like its made out of aluminum the way the hull is shaped (not many compound curves). Beam looks to be at least 16' too. Nice.

MKP

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44' x 17' Colindale
16'-10"
It's glass. Hard chines are very common out here.

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
Looks like a beast to me. I love the wraparound helm area. Cool boat.

restless

Rear Admiral
If she's as heavy as she looks with that deep keel and hard chine she will probably make a dandy crabber. I'll bet it loads well and lays to the gear well. Best of luck and be prepared to field a ton of questions from other crabbers in your area.

MKP

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44' x 17' Colindale
Lobster boats are the new craze out here. They are catching on fast.
Restless did you happen to have a 45 Dixon named restless?

restless

Rear Admiral
No Cap, that's not me. Please keep us up to date on how this works out for you. I'm sure many of us would like to know.

Last edited:

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Chines curve up so much towards stern though. I am used to seeing them reach a low point and go straight back from there.

MKP

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44' x 17' Colindale
Yes the chine does curve up a bit. I don't know why. Seems counter productive for a planing hull. Maybe the designer was trying to make her efficient in displacement mode???

It looks as if some built in trim tabs were added, possibly to counteract the curved chine. I talked to a guy that ran her for a few months. He reported she ride very well but the bow didn't like to come up as if she was designed to have a lot of weight aft.

Lots of unknowns! I can't wait to learn about the boat.

Terrace, I fish out of San Francisco California

Top Bottom