First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
25 GM but I own one so I may be partial. I doubt any of the others have a bigger beam as the GM comes in just under 10’. Mine is an 84 and there is no balsa on it. Solid glass hull, molded top with a foam core roof and the gunnels are foam core. Only owned it since July but I love it. Be surprised if you could find a bigger dance floor on another 25’. Bills 25TJ with a 370 Cummins would be hard to beat tho lol.

89E87770-74EB-443E-9BB8-743CB0F0F2C5.jpeg

B26F81D1-FAA2-404B-ADBD-4288C231A332.jpeg

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

DotRat

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Row Boat
25 GM but I own one so I may be partial. I doubt any of the others have a bigger beam as the GM comes in just under 10’. Mine is an 84 and there is no balsa on it. Solid glass hull, molded top with a foam core roof and the gunnels are foam core. Only owned it since July but I love it. Be surprised if you could find a bigger dance floor on another 25’. Bills 25TJ with a 370 Cummins would be hard to beat tho lol.

View attachment 100334

View attachment 100335
is your fuel tank outside of the stern?

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
is your fuel tank outside of the stern?
yeah does it change any characteristics of the boat when the fuel is full or empty?

same question? if so, neat way to increase deck space
Yes the fuel tank is bolted to the transom under the trawl table. When I first looked at the boat I didn’t like it at all but it was mainly because I’d never seen it before. The more I thought about it the more I like it; if there’s ever a problem with it I can just unbolt it and put a new one on no ripping up decks or anything, the boat is a gasser so it more or less eliminates the possibility of gas fumes collecting in the bilge and causing an explosion as well. Also I believe a better option then having it on deck and losing a far amount of space. The only thing I still don’t like about it is I think it kills the lines of the boat a little but I can live with it. Can’t say I’ve noticed any handling characteristics with it. It usually hovers around 1/2 full anyway and it’s only 60 gallons.

marktore

Commander
Boat Make
25' BHM
I recently purchased a 25' BHM and I have to say I am very impressed with the seaworthiness of the boat so far. I only ran 3 trips before I was hauled for the season, our second trip the weather turned on us and she handled the sea great. When we left the inlet it was flat calm and it got real sporty in just a few hours. She is narrow, the beam is 9' at the widest point. I have never been on a 25' GM or TJ but I have never heard anything negative about the GM. Stacy builds a great boat!

My BHM has solid glass hull (I believe they are all solid), balsa core wash rails, pilothouse roof and trunk cabin. Like most GMs it also has an above deck 60 gallon tank under the transom.

25 BHM 17.jpg

Last edited:

CCtuna

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Some day...
I recently purchased a 25' BHM and I have to say I am very impressed with the seaworthiness of the boat so far. I only ran 3 trips before I was hauled for the season, our second trip the weather turned on us and she handled the sea great. When we left the inlet it was flat calm and it got real sporty in just a few hours. She is narrow, the beam is 9' at the widest point. I have never been on a 25' GM or TJ but I have never heard anything negative about the GM. Stacy builds a great boat!

My BHM has solid glass hull (I believe they are all solid), balsa core wash rails, pilothouse roof and trunk cabin. Like most GMs it also has an above deck 60 gallon tank under the transom.

View attachment 100379
That is a nice little boat

Thomas

Commander
Boat Make
Terry Jason 28
I have a 28 T Jason and have been out in eight and a half out did great no complaints I have a Yanmar 240 in mine Cruise about 17-18 most of the time tops out at twenty-four I think you are like all the others say all these boats are great you can't go wrong

Jamato14

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Jim
Boat Make
23’ Palmetto Custom CC
Have see trialed a 25’ BHM and have been on @CCTunas 25’ GM a handful of times. These are similar boats to what I’m looking for when mine sells and I think they all are good and have ups and downs. I have never been on a 25’ TJ but love the looks, can’t speak to the ride.

The 25’ BHM i sea trialed for a couple hours (far away and owner was awesome and wanted me to take it as long as possible), was spectacular riding. Was definitely slow and was extremely wet which was expected (10kt cruise with a Perkins 240 turbo, maintained 8-10kts at 1800-2000RPM in short 4-6’s in vineyard sound). It was an ‘85, had solid hull and cored deck, cabin, roof as well as a 90G transom mounted fuel tank. In those conditions water was coming over the roof and into the cockpit on every wave but we put on the radar and were in an open area and it was fine. Had my GF with me and she was comfortable under the roof in that and she loves boating but is kind of fair weather as she’s still new to it. Only thing I didn’t like was the massive engine box and speed although the speed was known going in and the engine box seems to be there in most in this size so just something to get used to. The deck was soft but not terrible and it was fished hard (year round commercial all different species). It definitely is a great boat and can handle more than I can.

The 25’ GM has a massive cockpit, is definitely faster and at least the one I’ve been on is full foam cored. I haven’t been on it personally in rough seas but I’ve been in my boat on days I stayed in the river and watched this boat working a mile or so away or running to the isles of shoals and it looked like it ate it up. The layout on these look great, demand (just like most now a days and for a good reason) seems high so depending on what you want it for could be high priced but worth it. No engine box but the one I know has the engine partially forward of the bulkhead so you lose some interior space in the vberth but don’t know if that’s the norm or something you’d be worried about.

I know it may not help but of those two I’d be extremely happy with both. I would have to look at specific boats to see which layout was better suited for me. I can’t speak to a TJ but definitely on my shortlist to find and thoroughly look at as well.

Top Bottom