Composite One in RI

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Anyone deal with Composite One in RI?

I was going to have them mix me up some gelcoat years ago but balked on the project. They would do color matching on 5 gallons of gel coat and then just changed the color on something.

I've heard people buying Nidacore from them and I am looking to get some panels right now.

Not sure if you can deal directly with them, how hard it is to setup and account with them, etc.

Thanks.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
I think 4 sheets... probably go with 1/2 or 3/4" are these plain or with glass on them?

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Shawn,I have bin using a nida. core type panel 4x8 3/4 from Reinforced Plastics in farmingdale ny.....258 a sheet

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
This is where I got nidacore from before. Its just a little pain to get in complete sheets, basically have to go pick it up. Was wondering what I could do in RI vs. CT... The halfsheets are not expensive to ship but just always looking...http://www.lbifiberglass.com/NIDA/nida.html

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Shawn look into Cana-Core from Fiberlay its a Nida knock off, i was quoted $120 a sheet for 1/2" and thats here in AK so it should be a lot cheaper outside. Brian used it on the Wesmac he finished last year.

DMack

Lieutenant
I purchased 15 gallons of Nidacore pourable transom compound from them last year. I live on Nantucket so shipping is ridiculous. I found them online, gave them a call, set up an account and placed the order. They had to order it because the stuff has a shelf life so they don't stock it. I went to their warehouse and picked it up a couple of weeks after it arrived. They were very easy to work with and setting up the account was no problem. And I'm just a regular guy doing a one time project.

Stinkpot

Commander
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
Bought 5 gallons of "moon dust" color gelcoat, catalyst and wax from them years ago. Account setup was easy, prices fair. They were very concerned about the safe use of their products and lectured me for a while before I could touch the bucket. But, I appreciated that.

The very knowledgeable technician (at the time) was Mr. Blair McKenzie 401-474-3996

Good luck

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Ive heard of issues with them in regards to receiving HAZMAT from them...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom