Cored vs solid

Isle of Shoal

Lieutenant
First Name
William
Here is one builder's video on hull coring. Walt Shultz of Shannon in Bristol RI. He started coring in 1981 and has switched to close-cell foam. The video is long but he addresses the coring issue in the first 7 minutes. Note that an important point is the fumes created during production that is faster than the slower way Shannon builds. At any rate, I found this quite enlightening.
Shannon Construction
Here is one of Walt Shultz in a mild chop.LOL

Genius

Admiral
First Name
David
Boat Make
32 Morse Cove
Here is one builder's video on hull coring. Walt Shultz of Shannon in Bristol RI. He started coring in 1981 and has switched to close-cell foam. The video is long but he addresses the coring issue in the first 7 minutes. Note that an important point is the fumes created during production that is faster than the slower way Shannon builds. At any rate, I found this quite enlightening.
Shannon Construction
Wow. That guys got some passion. Great video.

Cool Boat

Commander
So which is better, cored or solid? Just kidding, answer is, new is better than old. Time to put down the vodka and Gatorade, grab some sleep and tomorrow help my son cut the rotten deck out of his old, but new to him 21 Ken Craft. It all just goes in a big circle.
I don't mind.
I did a freebie repair for the local Fire Dept's Kencraft dive boat. I'd love to purchase that boat if it ever becomes available. Would be a great crabbing skiff. Please post some pictures of your son's project.

Top Bottom