Cost of Living

yanmar

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
26 chesepeake 22 tripp
Just wanted to give you guy's an example of how ridiculous the price of parts has become . Working on a Husqvarna T 435 chainsaw and need a chain brake ( metal band ) I ordered 3 of them because the are pretty flimsy . I get the parts and they are the wrong one's . So i go to the dealer and get the correct one's . The wrong parts were $5.68 each , i get the right one and it is $ 38.99 for one !!!!! I walked over to the shelf to remind the sales guy that the saw cost $ 349.99 .

Sailorgp

Commander
Boat Make
Sisu 26
Brake caliper bleeder valve dust cap for a Honda Civic is $.13 at the Honda dealer. Same exact part at the Acura dealer is $3.00

tomy

Commander
Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
I get sick when I think of what the cost of fuel will be when this adminastration gets through with printing money. The "global" oil market is based on the U.S.Dollar value....we decrease the value to pay china...get porked by oil countries.....:confused:

Stinkpot

Commander
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
Just price any item at West Marine and compare that to Defender or Hamilton's to see how ridiculously different mark ups can be.

Tip: Keep a current Defender and Hamilton's catalog in the truck and WM will price match; it's the best form of coupon I've found when I can only access a WM store.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

greg

Captain
Better yet scan the barcode with your smart phone and find the cheapest price on the web, usually waayyy cheaper that Defender.

I don't pay full price at West Marine anymore and usually pay less than the port supply card holders.

Bad news. Apparently wm is stopping price matching. Its probably already happened.

Plan ahead. It's the only way to beat the insanity. But when you need something last minute, be prepared.......

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60
Last edited:

Mike28

Commander
Boat Make
Parker 2320dvsc
Yea I saw this too but I read that they threatened this 3 times in the past year and never went through with it. We will have to see. I think it will kill there business if they do.
Back to online shopping for me if they go through with it

Hurdy Gurdy

Lieutenant Commander
Come to bermuda and see what we pay,you would understand why Im soo cheap.Just to keep my business running I need 14000 a month.Then comes rent and the other bills.5 bucks for a half gallon of milk,3.99 for eggs,toilet paper....dont even go there!That Mullberry tree is looking pretty bare right now:D

greg

Captain
It's been discussed on tht quite a bit. It may be a store by store or state by state decision.

The people complaining were from FLA. I just figured they noticed because they are still in the water.

I guess call your local store and ask before heading down?

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
Come to bermuda and see what we pay,you would understand why Im soo cheap.Just to keep my business running I need 14000 a month.Then comes rent and the other bills.5 bucks for a half gallon of milk,3.99 for eggs,toilet paper....dont even go there!That Mullberry tree is looking pretty bare right now:D

Ye want to live in the BDA ye got to pay to live in the BDA. I feel your pain but damn its beautiful down there. Horseshoe Bay's where its at.

Hurdy Gurdy

Lieutenant Commander
Too right,Id never go back to snow...only to play.But phuck man its expensive here.Fuel is over 8 bucks a gallon

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
8 bucks a gallon???

Guess I'd need one of these

mach_2_pedal_boat.jpg

Top Bottom