Craigslist find

MouseTrap

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Rosborough
Rosborough 246

A question to the boat builders here. What would it take (is it worth it) to rip out an I/O and install an Armstrong Re-power Bracket? If I did do something like this, I would have a professional do it because I wouldn't trust my skills to make the conversion seaworthy (safe) for my family.

I'm just curious at this point.

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
I would think a 250hp four stroke outboard. I'm partial to Suzuki, but not opposed to other makes.

You could have a machine shop rebuild the engine currently in the boat for pennys on the dollar vs buying a big outboard and a bracket.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
For 25k plus a bracket/engine/labor, have a boat built.

MouseTrap

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Rosborough
Thanks for the feedback guys. I was just thinking out loud, and I agree that it wouldn't be worth the cost/effort.

mattinri

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Nordhavn 46
You should check out the Rosborough Yahoo forum. A member just did that & is very happy with the result. He mounted a Suzuki 175 on a full width armstrong bracket. His only issue was Armstrong told him to mount the bracket too high. Once he re-drilled and mounted it correctly it worked out well. his boat is in the Padanaram Mass area & we recently saw him out at Cuttyhunk

Top Bottom