Crazy Market. Is 40K too much for a Fortier 26?

Fishstink

Ensign
It's 5 min from me here.
I looked at it.
It's ridden hard and put away wet for sure.
Not sure about the Volvo P. never owned one. Have been running a Perkins for 20 years.
Any feedback on the Volvo?

BSEA

Lieutenant Commander
Price the commodities that go into the building of a new boat today, resin, fiberglass panels or plywood. Then add to that the transportation of materials, good luck with a timely delivery. Used boat owners are typically aware of these factors.

Fishnjess

Captain
This market will always be over priced. It is an anomaly in boating. Not really for the average boater. I would follow the other members advice. Hold fast and wait for the right one to come up. Good luck in your search.

Quik Fix 16

Captain
Boat Make
Shamrock
This market will always be over priced. It is an anomaly in boating. Not really for the average boater. I would follow the other members advice. Hold fast and wait for the right one to come up. Good luck in your search.
I'll second that. Have your cash in hand and jump when the target presents itself. JMO

Fishonnelsons

Rear Admiral
Lite User
Website
Www.bethanncharters.com
First Name
Rich
Boat Make
38 Wesmac, 29 Dyer

Maineac

Ensign
First Name
Jethro
Boat Make
General Marine 22'
It is a crazy market. And I agree it can't last.

But I will play devil's advocate. I am on the old side of 50. I may have 20 years (hopefully more) of active boating. The boating season in Maine is short and the summers are sweet. How many of my remaining summers am I willing to forego being on the water?

Its all about tradeoffs. The one thing we know is that none of us will live for ever.

Do what makes sense to you - but don't act like you have a limitless number of summers.

Hooper

Captain
It is a crazy market. And I agree it can't last.

But I will play devil's advocate. I am on the old side of 50. I may have 20 years (hopefully more) of active boating. The boating season in Maine is short and the summers are sweet. How many of my remaining summers am I willing to forego being on the water?

Its all about tradeoffs. The one thing we know is that none of us will live for ever.

Do what makes sense to you - but don't act like you have a limitless number of summers.
Outstanding perspective.

P18Flirt

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
Pointer 18 / BHM 28

CSK91

Lieutenant
They make an open bass boat and I was told it could be purchased for somewhere in the neighborhood of 100k. I thought that was a good deal! I had a 40 Fortier loved it but I am 6’4” headroom was 6’2”. I’ll never make that mistake again

ozodrac

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
2005 Seaway 21 Seafarer
Sitting or stooped headroom in the cabin, with a porta-potty under the starboard bunk.
At least 6' 4" of headroom in the pilot house.

Top Bottom