First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

blackdiamond296

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Alan Johnson 28 w/ 260 Yanmar
I do the same thing with the capital one venture card. Two points for every dollar spent, $60/year fee.

You get the best bang for your buck when redeeming the points for travel- 10,000 points = $100 travel rewards. For a straight up statement credit it's 10,000 points = $50.

The $60/year fee is more than you'll pay on a lot of other cards, but they let you apply the points to anything travel related that you put on the card regardless of what or where you purchased it, making it really easy to redeem the point.

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
You don't have to go to Cabelas to spend money there- I use the interenet. I am getting 1% on all purchases and 5% on anything purchased from Cabelas. It works out great-best thing? They don't sell anything my old lady wants!

MouseTrap

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Rosborough
Two cards. A Fidelity Rewards American Express Card, and Fidelity Rewards Visa Card. Both cards put up to 2% into a Fidelity Investment Account, which happens to be a tax free 529 College Savings Plan for my kids. Fidelity has literally deposited thousands of dollars into the investment accounts. Both cards have no annual fee, and we carry no balance. I am thrilled with them!!!

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I have a Alaska Airlines visa card for the business use it to get air miles, 1 mile per dollar charged, to get miles for free tickets out of here :smile: haven't paid for a ticket in years. Also have a Costco American Express, 3% off on gas & dollars back at the end of the year.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Mouse trap, that might be a great idea... Damn better than using the Marriott Card I am using now... always have a nice place to stay... damn have to look into that Fidelity Card... why I love this site!!!

MouseTrap

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Rosborough
The FIA Amex card and link above is a better deal than the FIA Visa Card. With the Amex card, 2% of your purchases get automatically deposited into the Investment Account. With the Visa card, it's 1.5% until you hit a certain amount of money annually ($15,000). After that threshold, it is 2% for the rest of the year. So, my wife and I whip out the Amex card first, if the store doesn't take it, we then use the Visa.

Also, the Amex card is automatic. For every $2,500 spent (and after the bill paid by the consumer), $50 is transferred into the Investment Account.

With the Visa, at every $5,000 threshold, the consumer has to click some links to manually transfer $75 reward into the account.

Of course, the first step in all of this is to have a Fidelity Investment account setup. Most require a $2,500 deposit up front.

I have no other relationship with Fidelity, other than being a happy customer :geek:.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Two cards. A Fidelity Rewards American Express Card, and Fidelity Rewards Visa Card. Both cards put up to 2% into a Fidelity Investment Account, which happens to be a tax free 529 College Savings Plan for my kids. Fidelity has literally deposited thousands of dollars into the investment accounts. Both cards have no annual fee, and we carry no balance. I am thrilled with them!!!

I love it when a plan comes together for the little guy. They make the rules, but if you play by them you can be the winner every time. I have received quite a bit over the years from a few cards. Recently used my GM card points for $2000 off the new truck. That was not cash back, but I actually needed a new truck, so there ya go. Free money. Rule #1 for any game is to never carry a balance. They hate it when you do that............and that's all the more reason to do it in the first place!

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
I use the BAC Royal Caribbean card myself. I actually HATE the Bank of America and all it stands for but the rewards are pretty good. Every 10k (dollars which equals a point) they give you $100 onboard credit on a cruise...No fee card as well.

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
31' Eastern w/John Deere 6076 AFM30
I use my Hamilton Marine Rewards Card earning points towards my purchases.

Dave

finaddict

Lieutenant Commander
Website
stores.ebay.com
Boat Make
Nauset

I use the same, My son will be happy with all the free college money he will have. No problems with the card.

I also use a American express business card for the business. 1% cash back for everything. few spots have better, 3% on gas, 5% office supplies and a few other special percent differences. No annual fees!

Top Bottom