Crucifier

duxbait

Captain
Anyone know where I can have a crucifier made up near the cape? Does cape fisherman's supply have them?

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Anyone know where I can have a crucifier made up near the cape? Does cape fisherman's supply have them?

I'd bet CFS does have them or maybe Rose's in Gloucester ?? Don't think it would take much to make one, local welding shop should be able to knock one out. Are ya going doggin' ? Quick thought, drill and tap a block of aluminum for a couple of the skinniest boat trailer rollers you can find ???

Last edited:

duxbait

Captain
Hoping I can dog... So far nobody will buy them. Waiting to see if a market opens up this fall. All the local buyers say they too would love to buy dogs but they have no foreign market to sell too right now.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
well that sucks !! wasn't there a outfit in gloucester that bought a lot of dogs ?? maybe they went out of business ?? maybe i better rethink my dogfish future ???

monktails

Lieutenant
The supply of dogfish is dependant on the european market. During the summer months many of the business are shut down or on holiday so the demand is not there. The fall months are better and winter the best for demand of dogfish. Expect buyers in new england to begin buying again by mid september.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Well thats good info, now back to my plan to pick green eyes !! or can i just come and fish with you for a few months every winter Mr Monktails ??

duxbait

Captain
During the summer months many of the business are shut down or on holiday so the demand is not there. The fall months are better and winter the best for demand of dogfish. Expect buyers in new england to begin buying again by mid september.

Good info... Seems like in past years however that the market stayed good all year? I don't know much about it though. This is the first year I planned to fish it hard.... but I'm in the water all winter!

captcod

Lieutenant
hate to be the bearer of bad news but dogfishing is over.....to many pcp's for europe to import them....doest matter the season its all over

monktails

Lieutenant
I have still been selling mine while other guys are shut down. It all depends on what country your processerors have contracts with.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I know a few boats in pt pleasant have been fishing smooth dogs all summer. Is that a different market ?

Top Bottom