Cry Baby - D&L Boatworks 25

brianj

Ensign
Boat Make
Repco
I have been a lurker for a while now...I currently own a 21' Repco that I have had for 10+ years. I was watching the Evolution of the Maine Lobster Boat by Jon Johansen Evolution of the Maine Lobster Boat, by Jon Johansen - YouTube and the boat Cry Baby caught my eye (can be seen ~45min in).

My understanding is that is was built buy two retired school teachers and does really well on the race circuit. To me the boat almost looks like a scaled Holland 32.

Does anyone have any info on this boat? Was wondering who designed the boat? Construction method/material? Is it a one-off or do they plan to sell any hulls or plans?

Thanks,
Brian

D&L25.jpg

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
it is a scaled down 35 Duffy. epoxy over wood insside and out. thing is a little battle tank that goes like hell with a 292 chevy in it. beats some of the v-8 racers

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
Boat Make
Now that I'm back on land...

They are in the process of building a 28. This one has influence from the Holland 32 and also sports a clipper bow, like a BHM. This hull is 3 layers of luan with epoxy between the layers and it will be epoxied on the exterior and interior. The new one has a shaft tube while Cry Baby has stuffing boxes I do believe.

Cry Baby will be for sale when the 28 is launched.

Kaiser

Lieutenant Commander
They are in the process of building a 28. This one has influence from the Holland 32 and also sports a clipper bow, like a BHM. This hull is 3 layers of luan with epoxy between the layers and it will be epoxied on the exterior and interior. The new one has a shaft tube while Cry Baby has stuffing boxes I do believe.

Cry Baby will be for sale when the 28 is launched.

3 layers of luan? like 5.2mm underlayment? is there glass between each layer?

brianj

Ensign
Boat Make
Repco
Great info, thanks! Do you know if they are doing there own designs or are they working with a designer and just doing the build?

Any idea when the 25 will be up for sale? I'd be interested.

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
Boat Make
I think it's 1/8" sheets? I believe there is just epoxy as a glue between the layers, no glass but I could be wrong (it's happened before).

Dunno when she will be up for grabs, I can ask Saturday at the Awards Banquet for the Maine Lobster Boat Racing Association. They are doing their own design, based on some other designs.

Top Bottom