CT Newbie Nauset/Coastal/Tripp 24

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Hello to all. What a great resource for sharing boating knowledge. I have been around boats since my father bought a 15' Lyman back in the early 60's. Yikes! Since then I have had my share of boat projects ranging from an 8' hydroplane that I built when I was 14, to a 28 foot Bertram that I am still wrapping up a complete refit on. It will be floating next spring, but it's hard to believe that my next project is already in the que awaiting a sizeable rehab. It is a Coastal 24, which was the old Nauset 24, and is now the Tripp Angler 24. I have already had it out in some nasty conditions and am very imressed with the ride and the handling. I'm looking forward to talking with some of the bass boat junkies out there.

Coastal 24 Add.jpg

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
You will find an incredible depth of knowledge here- especially if you include pictures :).

What is the plan for the boat? Restore it to the way it was or change the layout?

Pics!

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Toolate - Here are a few pix I took with my phone, but the lighting was not the greatest. I will have to dig out the real camera in the near future. Not sure if I will keep the teak windshield or not because the top of it is directly in my line of sight when standing up and running the boat. I am considering a lobster house but the open arrangement of the bass style is very user friendly. When all is said and done I would say that it will be more of a resto-mod, keeping the features that I like and changing others I don't.

Coastal 24 Stbd Side.jpg

Whaler & Coastal.jpg

Top Bottom