Cummins first start up

cb34

Rear Admiral
Anyone know of a authorized Cummins service/dealer who can perform my first start and sea trial? Boat is in Newburyport Ma, have been waiting on Merri-Marr for 7 weeks now:mad:

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH.. Piscataqua and Merrimack Rivers
Boat Make
27 H&H with Cummins QSB 5.9 480 power
Anyone know of a authorized Cummins service/dealer who can perform my first start and sea trial? Boat is in Newburyport Ma, have been waiting on Merri-Marr for 7 weeks now:mad:

I can do that for you Will. Not much to it.
All the info you need is on the Smart Craft display.
95% or under load at WOT 3065 (governed) is what you are aiming for prop wise.

Of course I can't "start the warranty clock with Cummins of course" :D

OK, seriously, if the "Jays" can't do it (last I checked Merrimar is a Cummins dealer but maybe not QSB certified)......

then I would call Doug Curran @ Russ Marine in Peabody. He's a certified Cummins dealer. Always around the marinas up our way.

FWIW,

Bill

captcod

Lieutenant
i would really put pressur on the dealer that sold you the motor to do the startup.....i went through this and it bothers me how easily they take your money and order you a engine but its like pulling teeth to do a startup and then they charge you $1300 for it

cb34

Rear Admiral
start up

BillD, your fired. Motor is rated at 2800 rpm, 3065:eek: I am wondering if Jay the third knows that all the info is on the display. In fact I'm confident that he does not. I will call your guy today, thanks

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
Cummins Care at 1-800-DIESELSâ„¢ (1-800-343-7357)

Ask them why you have been waiting 7 weeks for the dealer to do your start up.

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
You have been wanting to do a sea trial on a new engine for 7 weeks? You must have a lot of patience and not be in a hurry ;). A 2 week wait time would still be long, but somewhat reasonable. I've dealt with multiple dealers and multiple engine brands, and have never had to schedule out more than 10-12 days. Good luck on the sea trial.

djmarchand

Captain
Boat Make
Atlas Pompano 23 outboard
The Cummins regional or national office would be a good place to start. They have more control over their dealers than you do.

Many, many years ago after waiting two months for a warranty repair on a DD engine in a over the road tractor, I called the DD national office. The next day the tractor was moved to another shop that did the work in three days.

David

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
When my engine room flooded down in FL Yanmar had two techs there 45min after I called them.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH.. Piscataqua and Merrimack Rivers
Boat Make
27 H&H with Cummins QSB 5.9 480 power
Cummins Care at 1-800-DIESELSâ„¢ (1-800-343-7357)

Ask them why you have been waiting 7 weeks for the dealer to do your start up.

You have been wanting to do a sea trial on a new engine for 7 weeks? You must have a lot of patience and not be in a hurry ;). A 2 week wait time would still be long, but somewhat reasonable. I've dealt with multiple dealers and multiple engine brands, and have never had to schedule out more than 10-12 days. Good luck on the sea trial.

It's NOT Cummins Will is waiting on. It's the marina where his dock is.
He's lined up with the 100 other boats all waiting to get in.:confused:
Don't blame Cummins on this one !!:D

cb34

Rear Admiral
Some people love to sturr the pot

Just wanted to express my disappointment with regard to this post. Yes I have become fustrated waiting for my first start up. I perfectly understand how busy all marina's are this time of year. The purpose of my post was not to bash Merri Marr. I consider the marina a first class place, that is why it was my first choice for the sea trail. But some times people overextend themself's only because they do not want to say no. The family over at Merri Marr are that kind of people, always overextending themselves to best serve. Perhaps when I approached them in the end of March they should have graciously said no. The real purpose of the post was to see if I could line someone up to do the sea trail in order to get me off the back of the busy marina, thus meeting both of our needs. Unfortunately someone (I will not name) took it upon themselves to cause conflict. This is why I have been reluctant to share info and pictures of my build, and after this will never.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Hard to tell exactly what you were trying to say in your first post. How does someone from DEBF know you are talking about a marina or an engine dealer?

harris 28

Lieutenant
Dont ask...

It seems to me that from your original post you were some what frustrated.lf you dont what to know the truth,dont ask...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom