cummins tech

reeg75

Lieutenant
anybody recommend cumins tech for my 210b. southern maine. just want him to go through and check it out. first season with it. not familiar.

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
Does anyone find it odd or concerning that for as many experienced boaters we have on here that only one person has replied to this post/question? Having just purchased a new Cummins myself I am a little concerned. Is this what I have to look forward to when I need service?????

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
Thanks Tuna. Gurryman, if you think there is anything you can do with any of the new electronic "star wars" type engines good luck! Most of them are all proprietary and leave you no choice but to call for service. Not the case for the 6B Cummins in this case but I would have thought more people would have chimed in on this.

offshore31

Captain
I used cummins northeast out of Dedham, mass. Travel time was very expensive, you pay mileage and time. But I was unfamiliar with the engine, and they did a pretty good job. They also have an office out of Scarborough.

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
Gurry,NO not at all. All the maintenance and many mechanical issues can be dealt with without a certified mechanic. Things like water pumps, impellers, heat exchangers, filters, after coolers, zincs all no problem but the electronic side of things as well as the fuel delivery will require"the man". That was all I meant by the reply, I too do all my own maintenance and repair. I am sure he will be doing a lot of his own work too once he gets a good grip on it.

Last edited:

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Does anyone find it odd or concerning that for as many experienced boaters we have on here that only one person has replied to this post/question? Having just purchased a new Cummins myself I am a little concerned. Is this what I have to look forward to when I need service?????

Mike,

I'd suggest Doug who owns Russ Marine out of Peabody for your QSC.

I suppose he'd head up to Kittery if the OP gets "stuck".

And yes I'd say most guys with a 6BT 220 do there own work, service, trouble shooting etc. Pretty simple engine.

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
Thanks Bill I wrote that name in my book.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Thanks Bill I wrote that name in my book.

I have his direct number if you need him.
He's a Cummins marine dealer, certified with all the "Q" engines, knows his stuff.
He did all the updates on my old 6BTA 370s back in 2008.
I've referred a number of local Cummins owners to Doug.

CB34 had a "startup" glitch with his new QSB380 back in May.
Doug came up with his Cummins laptop, read the fault code, new fuel pump, done. :D

cb34

Rear Admiral
Cummins

Doug and help are very good. They actually return calls and promptly show up.

Top Bottom