Custom Downeast Express JC 31 Proviencetown (complete referb)

Cakosa

Lieutenant
Custom Downeast Express JC 31 Proviencetown. SOLD!

JC PROVIENCETOWN EXPRESS

SOLD

JC PROVIENCETOWN EXPRESS

Up for sale is my dads JC 31 that we have refurbished. It's a beautiful boat that's good for commercial or recreational fishing.

Engine: 3208 CAT 375 HP, newer block and top end- only around 300 hours since rebuild.

17 kt cruise.

Electronics:
-Furuno Radar
-Furuno DF/FF
-VHF
-Garmin GPS
-GOOD Windless w/ 800 ft of line
-flo-scan system
- Am/Fm/cd Stereo with speakers all around the boat.

Cabin:
- Private electronic head system.
- Bunks for 2.
- Closet for storage.
- Rod storage
-Tackle Storage.

Exterior:
- Built in stern fish box/ cooler.
- dual steering stations
- 8-10 rod holders with 2 straight angle swivel.
- rocket launcher.
- teak fighting chair.
- rod storage
- tackle storage.
- ample seating.
- electronics box
- Richie Compass.
- teak cup holders.
- perko outriggers.
- teak flagpole.
- canvass.
- exterior cushions.
- helm chair.

Major upgrades:
- New fuel tanks
- New Aluminum custom top
- New prop (w/ spares)
- Fresh, Strong Engine.
- New Batteries
- Stripped Fresh Bottom w/ barrier coat.
- Fresh hull w/ new paint on topside and hull.

MUCH MORE!!! I'm sure I forgot some stuff. If your interest PM me for my number or my dads number. We're very interested in another boat, but will only sell if the other vessel is still available, dads asking $69,000 Negotiable- Make an Offer.

Thanks Everyone

REDUCED TO $59,999

Last edited:

Cakosa

Lieutenant
Thank you, my dads pride and joy for the last decade. Somebody's gonna get a great boat.

offshore31

Captain
I live and work near where Jack C. used to make those boats. Used to stop in the shop and admire them. Always loved the look of the 31 in your configuration. i would've been looking at yours if i hadn't already bought my bhm. good luck with the sale.

Cakosa

Lieutenant
Thank you. My father loved these boats, there was a guy in our boat club who had an older JC called the "Marilyn J". Had her but died before he got to enjoy her. Dad couldn't afford it at the time, but then picked this one up in the early 2000s. She's a real beauty, a classic.

Jay c

Commander
Boat Make
31' Duffy
Need more info about the engine.

Is that a new block, or is that orginal? When and who did the rebuild?

The original owner had a troll valve on her, do you still have it? I didn't see it in the picture.

Thanks.

Cakosa

Lieutenant
Most of the engine work was done by my dad and his friend who used to run the Staten Island Landfill garage, both experienced diesel guys. My dad works for the city as an oiler- speciality is Diesel engines. I know for sure my dad did the top end of the engine- new injectors, new heads etc within the past couple of years. I remember him doing all the hoses too. I know the block is not original, but for more info on that if your really interested you can call my father at 718-288-9964, his name is Charlie and would be happy to answer any questions.

The trolling valve is hooked up, it's located on the secondary steering station, you can see it below the shifts on the starboard side.

I'll be 100% honest! it kills us to get rid of this boat! The only reason why it's on the market is because a larger Custom Carolina is up for sale near us, and we have two large boats. Dad has the JC 31 and I have a Luhrs 320 Tournament with Yanmar 6LYA-STP's. We are sick of having two large boats to maintain, because we both use them together anyway, we're going to sell both and go partners on one. I know for a fact, if the Custom Carolina sells he'll never sell this boat- it's his pride and joy.

Let me know if I can answer any questions, I wasn't there for all of the work done, but my dad knows the boat in and out because he did everything. I have pics of the restoration from ground up and I'm sure my dad has a few large envelopes with receipts for everything.

Give my dad a call if your interested: 718-288-9964

Thanks.

Cakosa

Lieutenant
If I get one more call from POP Yacht Sales or whatever their name is, I'm going to hunt them down lol.

Anyway, boat was hauled today, pressure washed, and a fresh coat of bottom paint applied. I took some pics, will post later .

Make an offer, worse that could happen is it gets rejected.

Come take a look.

Cakosa

Lieutenant
Fresh bottom paint (couldn't snap a pic with new paint bc dad out her back in while I was at work)

Some pics in the lift: MAKE AN OFFER, come view and let's talk.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
have you ever thought of becoming a Broker? The way your pushing this baby is like your working commission.. lol

Cakosa

Lieutenant
@Masterengade: lol, im in love with the Carolina Custom we went to look at, hoping for the best. Never heard of the builder but its cold mold constructed and seems very well built.

@jon3030 not sure if you meant anything by it, probably not but still.

I hope you guys try to sell a boat soon and ill judge it sight unseen.

Everyone's an expert on a boat they never even saw, drove, or owned. I know nothing about this boat in the 10 years my dads owned it apparently, only you guys are the experts.

Asking prices are always high, offers are always low and people settle in the middle where both parties are happy- simple ideology of sales.

Anyway,

Price is negotiable- said it 499 times, so now it's 500 times.

Price is neg. Make an offer, worst that can happen is its refused. Looking to sit down and talk to anyone who comes in person to look at the boat or give us a call. Only serious buys- have had a bunch of dreamers come by and call, or what you guys call keel kickers.

Top Bottom