Customer brought this beautiful Tolman by today

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Customer came by to look and see how to mount a Electra Dyne hauler and davit on his Tolman skiff, i've never seen one up close and this one is a beauty built by Ren Tolman himself. Very nice fit and finish on this boat, clean and simple. Now we've got to figure where and how to mount the hauler, i wanted to mount on the steering bulkhead just move the helm up higher but the customer is leaning towards a davit mounted hauler back on the gunnel. Why hasn't someone pulled a mold off one of these and started making them in fiberglass ???
Tolman side bow.jpg

Tolman stern.jpg

Tolman side bow.jpg

Tolman stern.jpg

David599

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
23' Tolman skiff, building 26 ft Tolman Jumbo skiff
It wouldnt be a Tolman then. Renns boats are half the weight of a glass boat. The reason is that plywood, glassed and epoxied is much lighter than a comparable boat made in glass, because to get the strength you would have to use thicker glass.

I just launched my 26'10in Tolman. She is about 1900 lbs without motors.

About 2500 lbs with motors.

We just ran her 125 nm in the ocean and we got about 3.75 nmpg at break in speeds - varied form 12-15 -18 - 20 kts.

You gotta love ply-glass-epoxy. It aint gonna rot under that glass and epoxy. People confuse epoxy with early days of putting polyester resin on wood. Not even close.

Dave

M day dock Tolman.jpg

Top Bottom