Day Jobs

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
You know, I've been thinking... (quite dangerous at times, I know)

We have a wide array of members here, all with different backgrounds. While we all have the common bond of Downeast Boats, where we help each other out (more times than not) with various questions and projects, but certainly outside of boating there are skill sets that are just waiting to be used.

I know we have automotive guys, electronic guys, screen printers, painters, and a mess of other trades. It might be nice to have a list of what everybody does so that we can get help outside of boating. What helps one can help more, if a member needs something which another member can supply - or suggest, why wouldn't we use that connection?

Just a thought.

If you feel the same way put your day jobs on here so we have a record of who does what. If we can help each other out, why not do it?

Oh, almost forgot to put my own on here.

Boat builder - specializing in Downeast style monohulls.
Contact information:
[email protected]
(207) 548-6362

Frigate

Captain
Boat Make
38' Duffy/Flower
I have a Land Surveying Practice in the western half of, "The Hamptons" on eastern Long Island, NY.

I also prepare and do inspections for Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs).

Floyd Carrington, LS, CPESC, CPSWQ
Raynor, Marcks, and Carrington Surveying
77 Jessup Avenue
P.O. Box 5027
Quogue, NY 11959
631-653-4066
631-653-6175 fax
[email protected]

New York State Representative
on the Board of Directors of the
Northeast Chapter of the International
Erosion Control Association
www.ieca-nechapter.org

Frigate Fisheries Inc.
Commercial Fishing & Charter
[email protected]

atlanticblue

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
35 ft Bruno Stillman
Still trying to figure that one out! I'll let you know! Carpenter/charter fishing/ Midcoast Yacht and ship Broker!!!!! I'm still trying to figure it out!

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Home respiratory care and medical equipment

If any of you guys need home oxygen equipment/therapy 24/7 365 due to lung disease from cigarette smoking, long term exposure or fiberglass dust etc. We'll take care of it.

Also, break a leg or a back working on the boats we'll take care of your hospital bed, hydraulic lift a wheeled walker to get around or a bedside commode if you can't get to the crapper.

And, if you snore at night and piss off your wife due to diagnosed sleep apnea we'll take care of that too.

God forbid you end up on hospice care @ home from a terminal diagnosis we'll provide ALL your medical equipment needs as you "twilight out" to the afterlife. :(

All of the above scenarios are stated in all seriousness and I hope I never see you guys in these circumstances. :D

Lastly, I'm pretty good @ taken care of 6BTAs ;)

Bill Desmarais,

www.hcshme.com

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
2000 Genral Marine 31 duffy Hull
If any of you guys need home oxygen equipment/therapy 24/7 365 due to lung disease from cigarette smoking, long term exposure or fiberglass dust etc. We'll take care of it.

Also, break a leg or a back working on the boats we'll take care of your hospital bed, hydraulic lift a wheeled walker to get around or a bedside commode if you can't get to the crapper.

And, if you snore at night and piss off your wife due to diagnosed sleep apnea we'll take care of that too.

God forbid you end up on hospice care @ home from a terminal diagnosis we'll provide ALL your medical equipment needs as you "twilight out" to the afterlife. :(

All of the above scenarios are stated in all seriousness and I hope I never see you guys in these circumstances. :D

Lastly, I'm pretty good @ taken care of 6BTAs ;)

Bill Desmarais,

www.hcshme.com

Wow,The only time I want to see Bill is on a boat with a beer or fishing Rod in his hand;)

Robert M

Captain
Boat Make
2000 Genral Marine 31 duffy Hull
R.Melanson Tile
Tile dealer Marble , Granite, Porcelan, ceramic, glass
Schluter certified, radiant heat
custom steam showers, mud jobs, pool decks, floors

Last edited:

jerseysportfisher

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bertram 33SF
Had an array of jobs, still trying to figure out what i want to do

Degree in electronic circuit design theory primarily DC circuits

Current job: Technology Director (in field close to 17 years)

past job not tech related

mechanic, body shop guy. Had ase certs an one time.

other manual labor jobs farm work/ sprinkler systems/ small engine repair

So whos hiring ? :D

Last edited:

MouseTrap

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Rosborough
I'm not a tradesman, can't build anyone anything (so you can bill be for your T & E). Like Bill_D, I'm a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT), although I'm not currently employed clinically.

I was a paramedic on LI for 12 years (volunteer), while I worked full time as a RRT. I'm also a Registered Nurse (RN), although haven't worked much in that area (mostly used the nursing to broaden my healthcare background).

I've got an MBA in healthcare, and the past ten years or so, I have been in healthcare management in training & staff development. I find that I miss patient care, and am going back to school in the fall to become a Nurse Practitioner.

I guess you can say I'm a professional student :D.

RKrough

Commander
Boat Make
Midland 19
Until January 1, 2012. I had owned a remodeling business specializing in pre-ww1 and historical register homes for the past 6 years. Prior to that I was co-owner of a custom millwork shop for 20 years before selling out to my partner. I'm out of the business for good now, but advise is still free.

Funny to see several other members in health services. I'm in for stomach surgery tomorrow (nissen fundiplication). The guy who gave me a esophageal manometry the other day is 58 and just got his LPN last year. He got me interested enough to look into becoming a LPN while I'm recuperating the next 4 weeks. I still need to work another 5-8 years before I can comfortably retire. Not many decent paying jobs out there for working class guys in their mid-fifties.

CaptDave

Captain
Boat Make
31' Eastern w/John Deere 6076 AFM30
Completed a twenty nine year in the United States Coast Guard to see the world. Stationed in Scituate, Hull, Portsmouth, Boston, Menemsha, Boston Again, Boston Again and Again and Again and oh they did catch up with me and sent me to Kodiak, AK on a buoy teneder. Needless to say killed lots of halibut and salmon while there.

Retired and now working as a Port Security Specailist for the US Coast Guard (DHS), you guessed it back in Boston. This means am one of those over paid federal employees that everyone likes to rip. If the pay was really that good we would not be fishing a 31' Eastern and would have my 38' CB. Also own the charter boat RELENTLESS out of Green Harbor. Still trying to figure out what I will do when I grow up and retire at 75 years young.

Dave

Bulman711

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
31 JC
Fire Fighter/ Paramedic with Scituate fire department.

Boat detailing/ buffing.

Snow removal

wiggy

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Seaway 23
I'm a principal at a special education school. We do a lot of experiential and adventure based learning. I'm leaving this week to fish in the Everglades with 12 of my students so I won't be on the forum over the next two weeks.:D

Lane (wiggy)

Top Bottom