Don
Boat Make
Ho Made
Last edited:

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
Steve I have not been to Talkeetna in over 20 years, looks like quite the tourist attraction now. Stayed behind a bar, and I mean BEHIND a bar. I think it was "Latitude 42" not sure though it was a long time ago.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
LOL a stretched Checker !! Talkeetna is a great place to view Denali (weather permitting). :D

That's always an impressive shot, especially when you know those Mountains in the foreground are as big as the Rockies.

Yup great spot to see the mountain and that alaska range is way bigger than those hills they call the rockies :D

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
My buddy Ard's up there running his jet sled around loaded with sports looking for salmon. How are the returns this year for kings? Nice shirt by the way!

Kings were either catch & release or closed for just about all of south central alaska, runs are very poor for the second year. Too many people keeping and killing them.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Steve I have not been to Talkeetna in over 20 years, looks like quite the tourist attraction now. Stayed behind a bar, and I mean BEHIND a bar. I think it was "Latitude 42" not sure though it was a long time ago.

Yup climbers and tourists love the place, lat 42 is still there along with the fairview inn. Its always a show just sitting around and watching and listening to all the different folks walking around.

Stinkpot

Commander
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
Was just there in May for the first time. Unfortunately, didn't have my DEBF T-shirt on; just my New England Pats shirt. Cool "Northern Exposure" town. Between a four day land based tour and a seven night cruise, the best meal of the vacation was out of an airstream in Talkeetna!

P5250350.jpg

P5250369.jpg

P5250350.jpg

P5250369.jpg

Top Bottom