Deadliest Catch

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Prdlobster

Commander
Did any one else notice how flat the bottom of the Time Bandit was? It looked like a barge from the waterline down.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Yeah,wonder if BillD saw them big red Cummins

Yup, was resting my feet flipping through the Beach Club channels after a 15 mile hike through Disney World FL parks (;) with the grandkids and stumbled on the episode.

Nice new Cummins going in, looked like old 6Cs coming out.

I wonder if the "truck bedliner" guy who "sprayed" the engine room is still alive? :eek:

The FIRST thing I noticed when they hauled the boat was the "skiff" bottom of the boat?

Wonder if she "pounds" in a sea ????;)

BGII

Lieutenant
Saw the hull shape too but.....with what that boat weighs, its deep draft, bulbous bow and its slow speed I doubt that hull ever comes out of the water enough to "pound." Plus, even though it's pretty flat, what's the length to beam ratio? Gotta be 4:1+ no? That hull shape is to carry the weight and be stable doing it I would think

Frank Grimes

Rear Admiral
First Name
John
there was a guy over on THT who was working on the refit/repower and started a thread about it, but someone told him to sit on it early on so not much was shown.

Most of the eastern rigged crab boats have those flat bottoms combined with bulbous bows to eliminate the pounding in all but the nastiest of sea conditions. I don't think the Time Bandit has a bulbous bow from what I can recall though. The bottom of the NW and other Marco boats have very different shapes.

wiggy

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Seaway 23
Did any one else notice how flat the bottom of the Time Bandit was? It looked like a barge from the waterline down.

I brought up how flat the hull was to my wife when we watched it last night. She didn't seem that interested. I think she just watches to hear Mike Rowe's voice.:)

It did look like a barge. I can't really even imagine how those things handle out in the sea?.

greg

Captain
I only saw a few minutes of the pre-show last night. What happened to that kid from the Cornelius Marie (jake?)? He looked like he was 50 years old and had one foot in the grave b

Meth?

Damn shame. He had a lot of potential.

longislander89

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
23 seacraft
According to cummins...

"2x 425 hp KT-19M were replaced with 2x QSK-19M 660hp @ 1900 RPM"

Bill weren't those the motors for my tuna boat?

Frank Grimes

Rear Admiral
First Name
John
Looks pretty bulbous to me.

relatively recent addition. I have to admit I haven't watched the show regularly for 2-3 years now, they probably added it in 2009.

timebanditharbor.jpg

Last edited:

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
I only saw a few minutes of the pre-show last night. What happened to that kid from the Cornelius Marie (jake?)? He looked like he was 50 years old and had one foot in the grave b

Meth?

Damn shame. He had a lot of potential.

I don't think all of them stay up for days drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes.

Top Bottom