Deck Hatches 24X24 Anchor Marine - $800 for set of three - used one season

CompassRose

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Northern Bay 38'
Set of three Anchor Marine deck hatches 24X24 purchased from Hamilton Marine in Rockland, ME. Used one season and decided on a different style. Came off a new build hear on the DE Forum. They are not new but are like new condition. Seals are in perfect shape and all of the dogs are fully operational. Includes a T-Wrench. I prefer not to break up the set. Pick-up in Central New Jersey.

IMG_0150.jpeg

IMG_0151.jpeg

IMG_0152.jpeg

IMG_0153.jpeg

IMG_0154.jpeg

IMG_0155.jpeg

StowIt

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Dyer 29 Bass, Boston Whaler 17 Montauk, building 38 flowers
Set of three Anchor Marine deck hatches 24X24 purchased from Hamilton Marine in Rockland, ME. Used one season and decided on a different style. Came off a new build hear on the DE Forum. They are not new but are like new condition. Seals are in perfect shape and all of the dogs are fully operational. Includes a T-Wrench. I prefer not to break up the set. Pick-up in Central New Jersey.

View attachment 106463

View attachment 106464

View attachment 106465

View attachment 106466

View attachment 106467

View attachment 106468
I'm putting Anchors on my new boat but with the quick release. They changed the gasket from the earlier model. Have you been happy with them? What did you replace them with?

CompassRose

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Northern Bay 38'
I'm putting Anchors on my new boat but with the quick release. They changed the gasket from the earlier model. Have you been happy with them? What did you replace them with?
I went with the Anchor quick release. That's what I had originally wanted but there was a miscommunication with the builder. The quality is great on my old hatches but I didn't want to go through nine dogs every time I wanted to get into a lazaret. Was especially tricky and annoying offshore while you're rocking around. Not only are the quick release hatches far superior than the dogging style because of the single dog, you can also adjust the locking mechanism to squeeze down tighter and make a better seal. I just installed the new quick release hatches a week ago and they appear of the highest quality. I was aware beforehand that the style had changed and they no longer offer the gutter. I was assured this new style was as good, if not better. I have two gutter style on my forward deck and they never leaked and I never hooked up the gutters. The rubber seal is now on the frame, not the hatch. They were getting complaints that the seals were getting damaged from the hatch getting moved around on the deck. Time will tell....

Top Bottom