Deck paint?

sidep

Lieutenant
Looking to repaint my stern deck? Which paints have people been using?

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Awlgrip and Griptex.

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
A first class job would use a 2 part linear polyurethane, such as awlgrip, rolled on, with a sand type additive sprinkled on, or sprayed on, and then locked in with more paint, perhaps with flattening agent.

There are some good single part paints too. Epifanes and interlux both make some. They already have non skid mixed into the paint. They can be rolled on easily and quite uniformally. They won't have the durability of the 2 part paints. This would be an inferior finish compared to awlgrip. But is all in what you want. I've got single part on my little boat, and it's great. But I know it won't get serious wear and tear.

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
Is it for the cockpit sole or for the top of gunnel across the transom? The gunnel portion across the back of the transom is what I call the stern deck, just want to know which part of the boat your referring to.

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
I would grind and re-gelcoat it.

If you want to use paint I like the Interlux Interdeck. Easy to apply,nonskid already in the paint and great wear resistance.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
I would grind and re-gelcoat it.

If you want to use paint I like the Interlux Interdeck. Easy to apply,nonskid already in the paint and great wear resistance.

Old thread but recently discussed topic-

Have you used this stuff Plowin or anyone? I have it and wonder if I should be doing more. Dry time is like 4 days too. Just recreational use.

cb34

Rear Admiral
paint

Stern washboard? or deck supermarine brand paint used on comm boats out on the west coast. Great product, easy to apply.;)

plowin

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
33' flowers
Yes I have used it on my BHM and I liked it very much. If I were to ever paint over my gelcoat I would'nt hesitate to use it again.

DM_PNW

Lieutenant
Has anyone tried Kiwigrip? Looks interesting, seen it in the local stores but have yet to hear first hand from anyone who has tried it.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Yes I have used it on my BHM and I liked it very much. If I were to ever paint over my gelcoat I would'nt hesitate to use it again.

How many coats did it take to cover for the first time around?

Thx

Top Bottom