Delivery crew

MKP

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44' x 17' Colindale
Can anyone recommend a delivery crew to move a boat from Nova Scotia to Florida?

Boat needs to be in west palm beach by may 15th.

Boat is a 44x17 novi

Chum Pot

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Parker
that is quiet a haul with tight time line. you might want to start here just to get ideas on price.

uship.com

8943post

Commander
Boat Make
33 Duffy
Contact Captain Rick Kilborn at Boatwise, boatwise.com if he can't do it he'll set you up with a licensed Captain who can.

MKP

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
44' x 17' Colindale
I did! I'm pretty excited to get her out here and working.

Can any of you northeast guys give me some weather info? Is early may an ok time to make a coastal transit from NS to Florida?

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
For that long of a trip, it's best to get started early and have a lot of flexibility. Products like "fishweather" w/ maps that show the wind fields and the timing of the shifts can be very helpful for planning. There could be more volatile weather to come in the next three weeks or so. Early May can be nasty in the western North Atlantic. When it gets fit to go, you want to be ready to get moving and keep moving until conditions become unfit. I had some survey work to do in the mid-Atlantic recently w/ my 56' DMR. From March 22 to March 31, there was not more than one consecutive day of decent weather from Hatteras to Cape May. We had to wait ten days for a weather window which started on April 1. We worked daily through the 6th. By April 7, it had gotten shitty again so we had to leave her tied up for a couple of days. It's generally better from here on into May, but it seems like this winter won't let go. It gusted over 70mph here last night.

CSFISH

Lieutenant Commander
that boat should be a tank, dont worry about the weather lol

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
delivery comes down to what the crew thinks their pain is worth, come in

CSFISH

Lieutenant Commander
Friends who have bought boats through that guy Troy and Tri Nav have had good luck with delivery captains that they recommended. But none of them have had a boat delivered as far as Florida.

Captain
wow, thats a lot of boat to move. Once you get her to SF it will be nice.

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
Whats all involved buying a boat out of country? Im assuming there must be hoops to jump through

Top Bottom