Destiny New Iron

Dunn6253

Lieutenant
Did you end up going with the bubbles in the hull to make everything fit?

backman

Captain
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
Is that a bulge in your hull or are you just glad to see me :)?

Looks like it will fair out nicely...

tunamojo

Rear Admiral
Lite User
Website
Www.wickedweasel.com
Boat Make
Holland 32

oldshell55

Captain
Boat Make
BHM36 , 38’ young bros ,
naval architect type stuff,,,,almost done ,dry fit engine and transmission this week..

Fvd. when I put my Volvo in ,the pan also had wings like yours and was a hard fit, we cut the pan to remove the wings, moved the oil pick up forward and fabricated a sump, deep end forward, it has worked well for over 20 years. I'm sure you must have thought of it already. that job on the hull is very creative, good luck

FPTMarineDiesel

Captain
Fvd. when I put my Volvo in ,the pan also had wings like yours and was a hard fit, we cut the pan to remove the wings, moved the oil pick up forward and fabricated a sump, deep end forward, it has worked well for over 20 years. I'm sure you must have thought of it already. that job on the hull is very creative, good luck
Hello Oldshell, there was more of an issue with the reverse gear hitting the hull than the engine oil pan. Due to the shaft angle and placement the engine will be slightly nose up and the flywheel housing and reverse gear are hitting the hull before the coupling can actually align to the shaft.

mudhake

Captain
would it have been easier to replace the shaft tube and changed the shaft angle a little bit to make it fit? just asking. on that boat 2to 3 degrees might not hurt the performance or the attitude of the boat.

oldshell55

Captain
Boat Make
BHM36 , 38’ young bros ,
Hello Oldshell, there was more of an issue with the reverse gear hitting the hull than the engine oil pan. Due to the shaft angle and placement the engine will be slightly nose up and the flywheel housing and reverse gear are hitting the hull before the coupling can actually align to the shaft.

yup, had that issue also , we cut the engine mounts on the 507 and welded them shut, mounted on the rear engine mounts of the Volvo. maybe some day they will design an engine and gear around the shape of a DE :D (as it should be) good luck with the build, i'll be looking forward to the performance with the hull changes.

chortle

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Herreshoff Coquina, 1972 Jarvis Newman 36, PT11
Looks like an abrupt end to the bump at the water flows aft? Seem like a smoother transition aft would keep the water flowing better...

or are you going to put some lifting strakes and Volvo dams on it :)

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
would it have been easier to replace the shaft tube and changed the shaft angle a little bit to make it fit? just asking. on that boat 2to 3 degrees might not hurt the performance or the attitude of the boat.

That's what I thought when this first came up months ago and I also suggested re-doing the tube. I can't remember why they didn't want to go that route.

Joshbel02

Captain
Website
www.allagashbuilders.com
Boat Make
Sonny Hodgeton/Wayne Beal
I suggested to Mike on the phone to play with shaft and tube and all that good stuff that everyone and their brother easily thought of...this way is different...may even help him out..keep weight a few inches lower. The only thing that matters...he bought the best motor on the planet...IVECO!!!! :p...good job Mike and you got one hell of a boat :D

working girl

Lieutenant
Boat Make
36 wayne beal
Mike best of luck with the new pony,see you soon out there,you can't miss me i'll be the one doing 13kts...what do you think you'll get out of her?

Fvdestiny

Commander
Website
www.destinyfishingscharters.com
Boat Make
38 northern bay green stick boat/30 Calvin beal tuna boat/20 Seacraft Master Angler
thanks Paul,,i'm hoping for low end cruise of 19-20 and high cruise of 22-23,,top end 27-28 knots..we'll see.. i look forward to getting back out there..

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Mike,
I saw the boat in the yard last week, they did a top notch job on the glass work. Good luck with the new power and hope to see you out there either on Blitzen or Pedler.
Tight lines.
John

JoeD

Lieutenant
Mike,
I saw the boat in the yard last week, they did a top notch job on the glass work. Good luck with the new power and hope to see you out there either on Blitzen or Pedler.
Tight lines.
John

Ditto... when I first saw the cut up hull, I figured it was for a darn good reason!

Nice Job Capt.

Top Bottom