Difference between Seasway Boats 27’ Seafarer & Eastern Boats 27’ Islander

Miami Vice

Ensign
[FONT=&quot]What is the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Difference between Seasway Boats 27’ Seafarer & Eastern Boats 27’ Islander?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I know that Eastern Boats owns Seaway Boats. But do they use the same hulls?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What are the other differences between these 2 boats?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also I was wondering which is the most popular outboard package these boats use;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A 250hp.-350hp. single with a small kicker, or twin 150's?
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Miami Vice
[/FONT]

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Keel Inboard vs. modified v outboards

Hi Miami Vice,
Welcome to the DE Forum! As far as I know the new 27' Seafarer by Seaway/Eastern is an inboard with keel. The 27' Eastern Islander is a modified v hull with outboards. Click on link below and look at photo gallery.

Seaway Boats - 27′ Seafarer

Miami Vice

Ensign
Hi Eastporter,
I clicked on your link for the Seaway 27' Seafarer, and if you click on photo gallery the second picture shows 2 outboard engines on the back of the boat.
It looks like the boat is an outboard boat, just like the Eastern Boats 27' Islander.
Can you tell any other differences between the 2 boats?
Miami Vice

Miami Vice

Ensign
Just spoke to Jake at the Eastern Boat Factory in New Hampshire.
The Eastern 27' Islander, and the Seaway 27' Seafarer both use the same hull with a 10'3" beam. Both boats are made in the same factory in New Hampshire. This is the only hull that the Eastern and Seaway company share.
Both boats are outboards.
The Eastern 27' boat started production in 2012. The Seaway 27' is a brand new model and will be sold as a 2014 boat.
Twin 150hp. engines have been the most popular on the Eastern 27'.
There is a possibility that in the future some customers might order a single 250-300 hp. engine, but so far all the 27' Eastern's have twins on them.
Miami Vice

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Just spoke to Jake at the Eastern Boat Factory in New Hampshire.
The Eastern 27' Islander, and the Seaway 27' Seafarer both use the same hull with a 10'3" beam. Both boats are made in the same factory in New Hampshire. This is the only hull that the Eastern and Seaway company share.
Both boats are outboards.
The Eastern 27' boat started production in 2012. The Seaway 27' is a brand new model and will be sold as a 2014 boat.
Twin 150hp. engines have been the most popular on the Eastern 27'.
There is a possibility that in the future some customers might order a single 250-300 hp. engine, but so far all the 27' Eastern's have twins on them.
Miami Vice

What happened to the keel with inboard model as you see in first photo? I would think that would have a better ride. Thanks for posting info.

Jack F

Ensign
Nice looking boats..

27 Islander by Eastern | Eastern Boats | Eastern Boats

Eastern 27 Islander
The 27 Islander is Eastern’s latest trailerable boat. The New Hampshire builder designed the Islander for single or twin outboards, and 150-hp Yamaha 4-strokes are standard. Eastern builds 10 models from 18 to 35 feet. “It was the missing link in the line,” sales manager Bruce Perkins says. “The cockpit has all the features made popular in our 248 Islander, and the 10-foot beam opens up the living space.” Features include a flat-screen TV, Arrigoni helm seats and Ultraleather upholstery. An under-deck berth is a good overnighter spot for kids. Base price: $159,995.

Center Console Boats | Custom Built Boats | Downeast | Eastern Boats

The small boat fleet

Last edited:
Top Bottom