different exhaust port

hatterasser

Lieutenant
Boat Make
33 uniflite (old capt gig), 26 shamrock, 15 skiff, 21 beach dory
Saw this on the 29 dyer on ebay while visiting the outlaws near philly after Xmas with some modification may even work for trolling or gill netting. Fwiw, happy new year.

20131228_094021.jpg

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I wouldn't that snag sticking out the stern of my rig if i was gillnetting :lol: only thing worse is that rudder sticking out !

hatterasser

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Guess you missed the part"with some modifications" furthermore nothing was mentioned about the rudder. If you've never taken a design or piece of equipment , no matter how simple and improved it better suit your needs I feel for you happy new year

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
Yeah i did see it and the mod would be to use a sawzall on it. I don't know if you've ever gillnetted but that rudder would hang the web constantly(along with that flapped exhaust. OR maybe they could just stand on the back porch bolted on the stern and haul that way:lol:. I've taken and redesigned plenty of pieces of shit and made them work but i wouldn't touch that exhaust off a backhoe design:p Happy New Year to you also my friend and lighten up its only a boat !!!

googinhater

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
38 yb. f/v wildlife
Why not haul off the side like we do up here to me it seems like a shit show to haul that way being bent over picking fish all day

pugsley

Captain
Why not haul off the side like we do up here to me it seems like a shit show to haul that way being bent over picking fish all day

why would they be bent over all day? a couple guys here have the crossley's ( however you spell it) and they love them for monks, but hate them for everything else. it is nice to be able to put your bow into the wind, but if it's blowing that hard here, you can't get in, or out of the inlet.

Badlatitude

Rear Admiral
My text book response would be sawzall. In this case im going to go with..... Road flare.

chortle

Captain
Boat Make
Herreshoff Coquina, 1972 Jarvis Newman 36, PT11
There is a bend in the flange already from hitting something, a bit more and the flap would not open? Sawsall.

hatterasser

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Man sorry I even posted this. I went and looked at a boat, saw something diff, didn't say this is the answer, just saw another mans ingenuityand creativity and thought I'd share it.yes thethings seen better days. It's spent it's life on a Norfolk pilot boat. There was a thread on surge tubes, dry vs wet exhaust alittle bit ago and find it, anyway......I think I'll go fishing

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
The starting bid is $15k for a 1967 hull with an old rehab Detroit. The rest of the boat would have to be replaced by most peoples standards. Dyers can usually bring some nice coin, but I'm not sure about this one. It is a great project boat however and could be transformed into a beauty. But the price has to be right for me to park it in the yard. I'm not alone because nobody has placed a bid or an offer. Hatt, maybe you and Herbie could buy her on the cheap and fluff her up for your application? They are supposed to be awesome hulls.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Tough crowd here; to me it seems like a better more reliable choice than some cheesy rubber flap. Certainly wouldn't want it sticking out so far for certain applications. And I'm pretty sure you know your way around a gill net...

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Dont think that boat has ever fished or netted anything. My favorite part is the name. Say it fast.

Lion's Paw

Lieutenant Commander
Website
www.divehatteras.com
Boat Make
42 Duffy
I think that dyer would make you a pretty good tow boat, but not at that price since you really just buying a hull that needs reconfigured. But it does have a pretty cool exhaust flap...

Top Bottom