Disappointed!

FL Marine Plastics

Lieutenant
I had a close friend pass away at 43 years old that left behind a wife and 2 kids. I put together a charity raffle to help the family out. Every other forum I posted on I have people donating, I have vendors coming forward adding thousands of dollars worth the product to the raffle to try to help. The mods here delete the thread though?? That's pretty low in my opinion

FL Marine Plastics

Lieutenant
Thank you to all that have donated so far. Let's keep it going. It's for a great cause and there are a lot of great products to be won in the raffle.

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Sorry for your loss. It was brought to my attention by more than one senior member about the post. since you have 11 posts total on this forum and the post you posted last night looked very pluggish for your business it was deleted. Id rather keep the established members happy, sorry just the way it is. I keep the peace as much as possible.

FL Marine Plastics

Lieutenant
Sorry for your loss. It was brought to my attention by more than one senior member about the post. since you have 11 posts total on this forum and the post you posted last night looked very pluggish for your business it was deleted. Id rather keep the established members happy, sorry just the way it is. I keep the peace as much as possible.

I understand what you're saying. I would never do anything like that to plug my business and I find it hard to believe that someone would. This was a very close friend of mine for almost 20 years. He was only 43 and left behind a wife and 2 kids. I just want to help the family as much as I can so I decided to raffle off a gift certificate. Then a lot of other businesses who are very reputable came forward and donated more products for the raffle. I was just trying to get some more exposure on this and post it everywhere I could think of so more people would see it.

eyschulman

Commander
Boat Make
Devlin 48 & Marshal Sanderling
The intentions of the post certainly sound noble and very well meaning. But who is going to vet such posts? Unfortunately the world is full of people who would take advantage of charitable situations. This is probably why you ran into difficulty and considering the big picture without solid vetting I for one think the site should restrict such posts. My immediate family is responsible for significant donations so we are familiar with the problem of where does the money go? Unfortunately its not a simple issue.

FL Marine Plastics

Lieutenant
Letter to the skeptics

First off I want to thank everyone for the donations so far. We are still a long ways from our goal. We have close to 2500.00 in products that have been added and I would love to see that amount in ticket sales. I think that the level of dishonesty in this world has caused people to be skeptical. I have revived a lot of messages from people and emails making a lot of accusations since I started this. Some of them are: Seems like you are making this up to plug your business, How do we know people aren't giving you products for you to keep so you advertise their business for them, How do we even know you are giving them the money, how do we know you will actually give away the products and not just keep them, etc. The list definitely goes on. I have probably received more messages like this then I have four payment notifications. The PayPal link that you are donating through specifically says donation on my PayPal account. I have no problem doing a screen shot and showing people( of course with the names blurred out of the people that have donated) this way you can see the totals yourself. Along with that when the time comes I will show the totals matching with a certified bank check that I give to Mike's wife. Right now we are at exactly 400.00 in sales. If anyone wants to see proof just ask instead of accusing me of using my friends death as a way to promote my business. Sorry for the rant but I have had enough and needed to vent.

FL Marine Plastics

Lieutenant
Thank you everyone for the donations so far. Every little bit helps. Even just helping spread the word makes a difference.

DBM

Commander
Lite User

FL Marine Plastics

Lieutenant
Sometimes it's a crummy ass world. I have a son with some real disabilities. We used to go to Disney every couple of years because regardless how crowded it was, we could get to the front of the line. I just read that Disney has stopped that program because the number of people straight up abusing it. They even cited someone hiring a disabled person to go to the park with them. My son is incapable of waiting in line because of his disablity but that doesn't matter. We will unfortunately not be able to go back to Disney.

Good Luck,

DBM

I hate hearing stuff like this. It's terrible how people take advantage of things like that and the people that really need it end up missing out.

FL Marine Plastics

Lieutenant
We would like to thank everyone that has donated so far. We will begin distributing ticket numbers by email over the course off the week. We are planning on doing the raffle on Sunday Oct. 20th. Tickets will be able to be purchased until Saturday the 19th. Again thank you to everyone.

FL Marine Plastics

Lieutenant
Thank you everyone. I have decided, in order to simplify things for myself instead of sending out ticket numbers I am just going to put your name in. It will be entered multiple times to equal the amount of tickets you purchased to increase your chances of winning. Midnight tonight eastern time is when ticket sales will stop. If you wish to still donate after midnight, you can you just won't be entered into the raffle. Winners will be notified by email tomorrow. Thank you again to everyone.

FL Marine Plastics

Lieutenant
We would like to thank everyone that purchased tickets for the Big Mike Powell Charity Raffle. We raised a total of $1,250.00 for Mikes family! We have e-mailed the drawing winners and once the winners have responded, we will announce them on our Page. Congratulations to all who have won! Thank you to everyone who contributed!

We would like also like to thank the vendors that donated many of the prizes for the raffle! We honestly could not have done that without you. Please feel free to check out some of these vendors and the great products that they have available. The participating vendors and the prizes they donated are as follows:*

A $500 Gift Certificate from *FL Marine Plastics Custom Boat Accessories

A Rod Holder Flag Pole W/ An American Flag from Cool and Unique Boating, Fishing and Water Sports Products *

A T-shirt from*BOE Marine - Marine Electronics, GPS, Radar, Fishfinders, Autopilots, FLIR, SAT TV

A set of Underwater Lights from www.coastalnightlights.com*

A set of Trolling Lures from*Offshore Blue Water Vertical Jigs and Trolling Lures

An Anchor Suit from*Anchor Suit

A 72" Drift Bag from an anonymous contributor.

A custom Facebook Page created by*Sun Style Design | St. Petersburg Fl Website Design - Web Development - SEO

2 sets of Illuminated Outrigger Tips from www.nauticalilluminations.com*

A Penn Fishing Reel Package from*PENN - Let The Battle Begin

A Custom Electronics Cover Paint Job from www.proimagingonline.com*

A Custom Engraved Cajun Spoon donated by Vertigo - A forum member on The Hull Truth boating forum.

Again, we would like to thank everyone that contributed!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom