Does this hull look familiar ???

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Bill D- Are you going to build a 32' Wayne Beal hard chine? I support you a 100% if you do, and as a friend of yours, might I suggest a 600hp QSC for power ;). Pay attention to keeping things light, and you could have a 40mph lobster boat.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Bill D- Are you going to build a 32' Wayne Beal hard chine? I support you a 100% if you do, and as a friend of yours, might I suggest a 600hp QSC for power ;). Pay attention to keeping things light, and you could have a 40mph lobster boat.

Powder,

You know, as well as ALL here, that I'm all over the map on "what to do" on a new boat.

A QSC 600 is a bit "overkill" in this 32 or Ken's 33.

I think a NEF 450 or a QSB 480 would be MORE than enough "juice" for 22-23 knots in either hull... seas permitting.

More important than going 40 mph....would this hard chine 32 WB "pound" your teeth out running 22 knots in 2-3 footers. ?

MDI45

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
45MDI /28WB
Bill,The Wayne Beal 32 has perfect proportion ....trunk to house to deck space......let me know when your going bill (to Jonesport)i will meet you up there.....i spent alot of time in the 90's up there.....with all the boats i sold for him.....Wayne is a big fan of Cummins.....he built me two boats and always tried to get me to put in Cummins

Dano62

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
34' Wayne Beal
More important than going 40 mph....would this hard chine 32 WB "pound" your teeth out running 22 knots in 2-3 footers. ?

The Wayne Beal 32' hard chine is based on his 34'. He shortened a 34' by 2', made the sides a little more plum and then stepped them in when he got down to the turn of the bilge to create the hard chine, kind of like they did with the Sisu 22'. I would expect that it would perform similar to the 34' and not pound. In effect, the hard chine is really more of a lifting rail.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
The Wayne Beal 32' hard chine is based on his 34'. He shortened a 34' by 2', made the sides a little more plum and then stepped them in when he got down to the turn of the bilge to create the hard chine, kind of like they did with the Sisu 22'. I would expect that it would perform similar to the 34' and not pound. In effect, the hard chine is really more of a lifting rail.

The owner of this 32 WB also owns a 36 Wayne Beal in Rye Harbor.
Pure commercial lobster guy with a restuarant to cook and serve the savory little beasts !!!

The 32 is his "backup boat", hardly used....

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Powder,

You know, as well as ALL here, that I'm all over the map on "what to do" on a new boat.

A QSC 600 is a bit "overkill" in this 32 or Ken's 33.

I think a NEF 450 or a QSB 480 would be MORE than enough "juice" for 22-23 knots in either hull... seas permitting.

Bill- if you build a DE 30'-32', stick with the new CB 30, WB 32 hardchine, or the Flowers. I think you would get the best performance and be the happiest with those models. I was just teasing ya about the 600hp QSC, although you would never want for power. If you want to run smooth through the bigger chop, get a 38 Lowell Brothers :D.

Top Bottom